Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Insect/Mosquito Spraying

Quote Originally Posted by camsmom13 View Post
    Hello there, I'm visiting Aruba this coming Sunday and I'm worried about Zika on Aruba. My husband and I will be trying to expand our family possibly next month and we are so worried as they say now you should wait 6 months after visiting an area with Zika before trying to conceive.

Anyone have any insight on this? How are the mosquitos there currently? The CDC website is not very helpful at all and I am a mosquito magnet.

(We are staying at the Hilton.)

Thank you!!
    Amy
    Amy, please check out this link https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...ka-virus-aruba
    Honestly, as a travel agent I tell all my clients if they are planning on starting a family within the next 6 months, to avoid ANY areas that may pose a risk. This has cut down my clientele a little, but it is ALWAYS better to be safe.

aquaman, can this spray be purchased in the US ?? coming down in November so I can get it ahead of time...although I don't really seem to get bit. Learned quickly to NOT use perfume on the island many years ago. Cant seem to find a way to avoid the no-see-ums but at least the mosquitos aren't a big issue for me...but better safe than itchy !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    aquaman, can this spray be purchased in the US ?? coming down in November so I can get it ahead of time...although I don't really seem to get bit. Learned quickly to NOT use perfume on the island many years ago. Cant seem to find a way to avoid the no-see-ums but at least the mosquitos aren't a big issue for me...but better safe than itchy !!!!
    Not sure but I think you are asking me about the spray named "GO". I do not live in the States so I cannot answer your question.

What i I can say is that this spray was widely available It was at Superfood, Lings and many of the small Chinese owned supermarkets.

it cost around 8florins Ana was available as an aerosol spray or pump. Both the kids version and the adult. It is not as harsh on the skin as other sprays we have used. I used it during the rainy season and found it to be really effective.

Also, it worked on those annoying noseeems
    you should have no difficulty finding it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12