Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    alu

International calling card

Has anyone used an International calling card to make calls from Aruba to the US?

Aruba since 1979
    i may be mistaken but i do not think international calling cards work…..at least in the past there were issues of not working.
    the best bet is to rnt a cell phone by one of the cell phone rental places and load it with some minutes.
    it might cost you about $50 for the phone and an hour or 2 of talk time.
    plus it'd give you a number so that you can receive calls.
    incoming calls on an aruba cell phone rental are free to the person receiveing the call.

here are some tagged threads including cell phone rentals

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/cell%20phones.html

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    Has anyone used an International calling card to make calls from Aruba to the US?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-08-2014 at 12:04 AM.

alu
    Thanks~

Hi
    I will be traveling on vacation to Aruba. I will like to know if i can get calling cards to make calls from Aruba to Canada and how much it will cost. I will like someone to explain the situation of calling cards in Aruba to me.

Aruba since 1979
    hi and welcome to the aruba .com community forum

i know nothing about the calling cards, except the ones that one can buy here in the usa do not work in aruba.
    hopefully someone with the calling card knowledge can further explain and give advice.

your best bet might be a cell phone rental

or if you have an unlocked cell phone ,buy an aruba sim card when you arrive

check out these tagged threads http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/cell%20phones.html

Quote Originally Posted by iteire5 View Post
    Hi
    I will be traveling on vacation to Aruba. I will like to know if i can get calling cards to make calls from Aruba to Canada and how much it will cost. I will like someone to explain the situation of calling cards in Aruba to me.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    You can purchase a Ventaha International calling card at gas stations, mini-marts and hotel gift shops. When I used it from my hotel room I was charged a $2.00 outside line connect fee. The connect fee may have gone up as I used the card 10 years ago before I purchased a Aruba phone. There are certain phones that you can call from. I'm not sure where they are. I think a friend of mine used to use a phone outside the Radisson or Playa Linda.

If you have a smartphone and will have Wi-Fi you can download the free Magic Jack app for I-phone or Android. Calls are free to the U.S. and Canada. If you don't have wi-fi where you are staying there are many free wi-fi hotspots on the island.

Aruba since 1979
    are those ventaha cards still in existance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    You can purchase a Ventaha International calling card at gas stations, mini-marts and hotel gift shops. When I used it from my hotel room I was charged a $2.00 outside line connect fee. The connect fee may have gone up as I used the card 10 years ago before I purchased a Aruba phone. There are certain phones that you can call from. I'm not sure where they are. I think a friend of mine used to use a phone outside the Radisson or Playa Linda.

If you have a smartphone and will have Wi-Fi you can download the free Magic Jack app for I-phone or Android. Calls are free to the U.S. and Canada. If you don't have wi-fi where you are staying there are many free wi-fi hotspots on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    We used them up to about 2 years ago. We stay @ Caribbean Palm Village and bought them @ the pharmacy next door. Now I use FaceTime or Skype to talk with hubby back in NJ. It's free and we can see each other. Since I go with friends week 4 & 5 sometimes my husband takes his IPad outside so I can see the snow. I show him the blue sky and swaying palm trees! Love him for letting me go on my annual girl's trip!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Yes they are still around. La Cabana sells them in their mini-market. They also sell a calling card from Setar.

Edited:
    Just found this online.
    It is highly advisable to purchase and use calling cards in order to make international phone calls. The calling cards can be obtained through out the island at gas stations, mini markets, supermarkets and at the various Setar teleshops. Cards, like the Ventaha usually vary between $5, $15, $20 and $30.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 08-29-2014 at 09:51 PM.