Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Internet on aruba...Do you connect or not?

Aruba since 1979

Internet on aruba...Do you connect or not?

Connect while vacationing in Aruba or Disconnect ?

Thoughts?

DH and I "connect" .

But, we rarely watch tv, other than CNN international while having our morning coffee.

We always disconnect. Of course we don't have children to worry about and the pup has the best of care with her trainer. I feel vacation is more relaxing without having to answer emails etc.

We have free Wifi at Amsterdam Manor so our laptop is always on and connected on the dining room table. Sometimes we use it on the balcony. Usually use it in the morning and while we're getting ready for dinner/happy hour on our balcony. If we did not have free Wifi we would not use it as much.

TV - watch the news in the morning but rarely turn it on. If I'm in Aruba alone then I have the TV on alot more just for some "white noise" in the room.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We connect. I use the internet to score online specials for excursions like Jolly Pirates, Mi Dushi, Kukoo Kunuku and others. One can usually save quite a few bucks when booking online in advance. I also like it for looking at restaurant menus, events, schedules, etc. DW uses it to get on facebook to update (brag to) friends and family that we are in Aruba (and they aren't).

Always connect. It's bad! I can't completely disconnect. I worry about the pups and the house and work and all the what ifs. And then there are the reservations to be made and the discounts to find and the Aruba.com community to keep in touch with
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We connect. I usually check in online during breakfast and while DW watches TV in bed at night.

I connect....no way I couldn't....I'm an IT guy so tech is very near and dear to my heart....plus its fun to send pictures of me laying on the beach to all my co-workers back in the states

I used my old notebook every day while at Amsterdam Manor. The connection was excellent, especially after rebooting the router, which is located in the room. I wasn't so concerned about life outside of Aruba and used it primarily for looking up info on restaurants and activities while there.

HI!!
    Im looking for some FREE WIFI spots near Divi Golf ( even the other divis would work )
    I want to disconnect , but be able to check in on employees once a day )
    Thanks In advance!!!

Aruba since 1979
    there is some free wifi at the Alhambra Marketplace.

also too check out these tagged threads re: wifi
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wifi.html
    Quote Originally Posted by barwench42078 View Post
    HI!!
    Im looking for some FREE WIFI spots near Divi Golf ( even the other divis would work )
    I want to disconnect , but be able to check in on employees once a day )
    Thanks In advance!!!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast