Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Internet on aruba...Do you connect or not?

Family rule = no TV while on vacation. Though we did "cheat" the night Michael Jackson died.

Internet = DH for work and yours truly if looking to kill a few moments while waiting for everyone to get ready for dinner. Otherwise can easily live without.

I do have to check in with work here and there so I pay the $50/week for the wifi. I used to use the internet cafe at the Tamarijn, but it's easier for me just to bring my own.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

Disconnect almost completely and love it! There have been a couple of times where I used the computers in the hotel internet cafe for 5-10 minutes for airline check-ins or to wish my mom a happy birthday,. Our rule is as we board the plane our phones go off and we do not bring a laptop. We don't own a kindle or other e-reader so its magazines or traditional books for me. It started off just as a cost savings to not have to worry about international charges, but we found out we loved the break from home. I leave the hotel phone number with our families in case of emergencies. It's so much more relaxing for us with no phones, no internet - especially facebook! We are connected all the time at home, actually too much sometimes. This year we took a trip to South Carolina and planned on going internet free again, but we failed and I really noticed the difference in relaxation.
    We do turn the TV on in the room, but more for the noise than really paying attention to it. Luckily we are both able to escape work completely for a week.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

thank you so much ! so helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    there is some free wifi at the Alhambra Marketplace.

also too check out these tagged threads re: wifi
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wifi.html

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Disconnect as much as possible.

When I go on a vacation, I like it the best to completely disconnect from everything - no TV needed at all, no radio, no newspapers, no internet, no phone - nothing. I like to "dive into a completely different word" for a few weeks and enjoy every second of it, breath and live in that world.

An exception is now that I carry a cell phone to stay in touch with DH who takes care of the fur kids. Another exception was when I went once or twice online in an internet cafe when I was a member at a forum and to say "Howdy" just for fun.

Aruba since 1979
    Hahaha '"the fur kids. "Hahaha love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Disconnect as much as possible.

When I go on a vacation, I like it the best to completely disconnect from everything - no TV needed at all, no radio, no newspapers, no internet, no phone - nothing. I like to "dive into a completely different word" for a few weeks and enjoy every second of it, breath and live in that world.

An exception is now that I carry a cell phone to stay in touch with DH who takes care of the fur kids. Another exception was when I went once or twice online in an internet cafe when I was a member at a forum and to say "Howdy" just for fun.

Take a Xoom with me, but usually only check in with family once or twice while on the island to make sure all our animals are taken care of....Try to stay away from the computer as much as possible.
    We do however watch the idiot box.....in the evenings after a long day we sit around it.....usually don't even know what is going on because we are busy talking and carrying-on about our day....just on for noise !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12