Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Island...quietness

Aruba since 1979

Island...quietness

We are now into the most quiet time of the year on Aruba in stay over tourist numbers.

Lots do not travel to Aruba between the Monday after Thanksgiving thru around December 17.

If you are on island now, do you notice the difference? the quietness?

Over the years, low seasons/slow seasons have become shorter and shorter.

I like the quiet time there.

Quiet time is quite subjective though.

Quiet time is subjective. I love the quiet time on the beach, but come happy hour I want the crowds
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i like it when restaurants are busy.
    not busy crazy, where one cannot get a reservation...but busy where there are numerous tables occupied.

i HATE being in a restaurant and being part of only a handful of diners.
    (this was how it was a few weeks ago @ Tierra Del Sol and we felt conspicuous)

I agree 100%. The last time we were the only ones at Tierra Del Sol and we should have left...it was not great and its been 15 years and we have not returned. That said, its been getting good reviews so I would consider going in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i like it when restaurants are busy.
    not busy crazy, where one cannot get a reservation...but busy where there are numerous tables occupied.

i HATE being in a restaurant and being part of only a handful of diners.
    (this was how it was a few weeks ago @ Tierra Del Sol and we felt conspicuous)
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 11-29-2017 at 10:51 AM.

We have been this time of year the last 3 years and enjoy the time on the beach when it's not crazy. That has not been the case with the seemingly increases cruise traffic this year. We like a crowd at happy hour and on boat excursions, it adds to the fun.
    I like going to dinner when it's not crowded. Some restaurants have their tables packed in too close together and I don't like feeling like I am basically sitting with other people. We go early to avoid this.

We went in September this year and wouldn’t go again at that time of year.

1) I want a “sure bet” for the weather... I didn’t like waking up each day wondering if it was going to rain. And I DEFINITELY didn’t like seeing rain. I like high season where it rains overnight.
    2) Restaurants were too quiet.
    3) The weather is still good in Toronto in September... we prefer being in Aruba when it’s deathly cold in Canada. It feels like we’re “winning” against nature!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The weather is still good in Toronto in September... we prefer being in Aruba when it’s deathly cold in Canada. It feels like we’re “winning” against nature!
    Yeah, we got lucky this year. Makes me wonder if we'e going to get nailed this winter...
    The squirrels are saying it's going to be a rough one, we'll see.

Our usual journey time is either April or May, that way we can extend the sunshine to some degree when we get home.
    Life, as you know, is usually becoming bearable in Toronto about then.

A cousin went to Aruba last year in September, stayed at the Tamarijn, his first day was the day after the wind and water hit and knocked down the awning over the Cunucu Terrace eating area. That time of year is pretty unpredictable, sometimes she's good, sometimes not so much.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

It is pretty quiet. No problem getting a lounge here at the Renaissance and I even changed my spot a few times. The other night the Dutch Pancake House had maybe 3 tables filled. I wanted to try Yemanja tonight but hadn’t gotten around to making a resevation so I asked the navigator (concierge) if she could make one. We got the time we requested which is surprising with all the cruise ships in town!

We definitely prefer the quiet time

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We always come this time. This year, as Tracey said, with the cruise ships increasing, the beach at Arashi has been packed. But in the evening its busy but not crowded. Its very busy & crowded during the day. Today there were 4 ships, yesterday there were 4 ships. They all come to Arashi. By 10 o'clock, there were 4 buses dropping people off at the beach. But the evenings are nice. Still love it.

My friend and I are going downtown Friday because there is only one ship. But the weather is fabulous!

We were there last year December 2-17. We were a week at the Renaissance Ocean Suites and a week at La Cabana and one day at the Renaissance hotel. It was not as busy as other times of the year, but we still needed reservations for some of the restaurants. The resorts weren't full but they weren't empty either. We were there to relax and look for a home/condo. It was a great time to do it because condos were not rented. We have a friend staying in our condo now and they are happy. We will be there from Dec. 14-21. I booked Elements about 10 days ago for our anniversary on Dec. 16th and they were almost full for sunset, or at least that is what Open Table said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast