Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Jellyfish

I'm curious if there are many reports of people being stung by jelly's. I've visited the Caribbean several times. Jamaica, Bahamas, Cancun, and I have been stung 2 out of the 3 times I've been there. While in the Bahamas and Cancun I was stung each time. In the Bahamas it was quite windy, so I know the wind was blowing them into shallow waters, but with Cancun, I was in shin-deep water and was stung. This has made me a bit scared to try snorkeling or even enter the water at the resort we're staying at. How prevelant are these annoying and painful creatures? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    this forum has been up and running for almost 4 years.
    jellyfish talk is very infrequent.
    i think it is a non issue
    but check the thread link below
    Jelly fish

In my 23 trips to Aruba, there was a jellyfish problem once back in April 2006 (lasted a whole two hours - LOL!) They had everyone out of the water for a couple of hours and then all was fine again. It is definitely a rarity in Aruba so I wouldn't even think twice about it.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

It is extremely rare probably due to the trade winds.

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling

We are going for our 22nd trip and my wife has been stung twice. She is soooo sweet they always find her. She just told me last night, I don't know if I want to go in the ocean without her dive skin. She is the type that she really swells up after any sting so she is not average when it comes to that kind of stuff.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "In my 23 trips to Aruba"
    ---- A few more trips for me and have never seen one. First started going end of May and now 2 weeks in June so time of year might make a difference.