Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Jacki

Thread: Jewelry Store crime

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Jewelry Store crime

Last night at that jewelry store by the I Love Aruba store across from the Hyatt was robbed last night. I think they might have caught the person cause our friends walked by and there was a guy with his hands up in the store. I saw the police but thoughts it was a accident. Our friends were there a bit later and told us it was a robbery. They saw the police in the store and the guy. They were closed tonight with the gate over the store windows.

Awesome that the guy was caught so quickly! Way to go Aruba authorities!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    anybody been able to find a story of this in any of the local papers?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    My husband came across something but couldn't find it again. Our friends were actually across the street which is how they saw the police have someone with hands up. I do know about six last night they kept unlocking door to let people in, then locked the door, then when we came out of restaurant and walked pass it the gates were down over it. One of the dealers did tell us it was true. Funny,last year at same time another jewelry store had the same thing. Its Christmas time.

Aruba since 1979
    the jewelers here (w. central fla) as well as in the diamond/jewelry district in downtown boston, keep the doors locked at all times
    when we have gone to our jeweler (munchels) we can in thru the first set of doors and then at the next set of locked doors we are observed thru the tv monitor and then allowed to come in once they unlock the door.
    i think that "all" jewelers should be locking the doors.

boletinextra.com

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.awe24.com/20161130/26584/...rma_di_candela
    my very poor guess/translation is the robbers got away on a motor scooter/cycle.

thank you lucky , hope that you and gaby are enjoying your stay.

Thanks Andrea,having another great vacation in paradise

robbery

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Thanks Andrea,having another great vacation in paradise
    Jewelry stores have become an easy target...couple of years ago(December), there was a Robbery right before store closing(9;30-9;45)...in a new Mall....also- so quick...bam-bam, and they were gone....I think, that a lot has to do with all these incidences-- situation in Venezuela....