Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By AndyM
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By Lighthouse

Thread: John Giuffo's New Year's eve experience Aruba (Forbes.com)

Aruba since 1979

John Giuffo's New Year's eve experience Aruba (Forbes.com)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngiuf...new-years-eve/

although i strongly disagree with his first 2 paragraphs, i respect his opinon ...........his take on the fireworks celebrations were right on the money.
    i hope the writer gets to visit some terrific Aruba restaurants so he can revise his comments about Tony Romas/Queens NY.
    i wonder if he really thinks all of restaurants there are American chain?

anyway, i am rambling....sorry.

Glad it turned out to be a positive article in the end. Sad when people don't really "get" the island.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

"...chock full of many of the same chain restaurants we’re used to in the States"

The writer didn't try very hard to find a good, locally owned and operated restaurant.

I agree Andy. I'm trying to figure where the writer was, it appears to be Eagle Beach, but I'm not sure what US chain restaurants are "chock full" in that area or any area. To be so lucky as to be in Aruba for New Year's Eve and bash the restaurants and local vibe is beyond me. As far as I'm concerned, he could have stayed in Queens and ate all the Tony Roma ribs he wants, watched the fireworks in NYC, and saved us from his myopic view of the island. Stepping off soap box now.

Aruba's Surprisingly Impressive New Year's Eve

Still scratching my head trying to figure out where there is "dining and dancing at a Latin jazz spot near our hotel on Eagle Beach...attached the entire restaurant emptied at a quarter to midnight, headed up the stairs of the attached parking garage and gathered on the roof..."

Was the uninformed reporter actually somewhere on Palm Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngiuf...new-years-eve/

although i strongly disagree with his first 2 paragraphs, i respect his opinon ...........his take on the fireworks celebrations were right on the money.
    i hope the writer gets to visit some terrific Aruba restaurants so he can revise his comments about Tony Romas/Queens NY.
    i wonder if he really thinks all of restaurants there are American chain?

anyway, i am rambling....sorry.
    I think he's pointing out that American chain restaurants exist here and seem to catch our eye. I tend to agree with his take on that. I scratch my head in wonder when I see tourists go to Tony Roma's, TGI Friday's, Mc Donald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway, Little Caesars and others when they are in Aruba. Have some adventure and try something local. We have to remember that people who book hotels on Palm Beach for a few days don't really know the side streets and out of the way gems like we do.
    Last edited by Lighthouse; 01-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Oh, how could I have forgotten Texas de Brazil? We're from Dallas so we know that one well. Not sure I would want to eat at the one in Aruba after having experienced fresh Texas beef in Dallas. Eat local in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Aruba's Surprisingly Impressive New Year's Eve

Still scratching my head trying to figure out where there is "dining and dancing at a Latin jazz spot near our hotel on Eagle Beach...attached the entire restaurant emptied at a quarter to midnight, headed up the stairs of the attached parking garage and gathered on the roof..."

Was the uninformed reporter actually somewhere on Palm Beach?

Mystery solved -- O Restaurant & Lounge

https://www.facebook.com/OAruba/