Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The joys of trip planning!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Andrea - I had a bad experience ordering the blow up noodles. I wasn't paying attention I guess and thought they would be similar to the foam ones but the ones I got ended up being ridiculously huge. We gave them away. I'm sure it was my fault for the bad order, but won't go that route again. We love the regular noodles and have a ton of them. We bought one in Aruba once and left it there. Do you see a pattern here? We have bought enough floats and rafts over the last few years to open our own ebay store..lol. Okay maybe not, but I'm trying to stop doing that. We do use them though, if not for us, then family and friends - we are always around water. Papasans are ordered, we'll see how it goes.

Brady - I'm sure Andrea or Cindy will have a better answer for the Renaissance specifically, but most of the float rentals we've seen are the long mats types. Depending on the age of the kids, you may want something different for them.

Steph and Jim - Aren't last minute trips the best? You don't have to wait as long. But for us planners, it kicks everything into overdrive! You guys should check out Jolly Pirates. It's a snorkel party boat with snorkeling, sailing, a rope swing, dance music and open bar. In our experience the 9am trip is our favorite. It includes lunch. That's how I spent my last birthday - the pirates are a lot of fun.

OH NO !!!!! NO KIDS !!! My son is babysitting my husband's two grand kids plus the new puppy... he is wanting a bottle of medicine... (rum) for each one.

Party bus - yes we have done it

Steph, to answer your question, we did do the party bus on one of our trips and it was a good time if you like to dance and are prepared to not take yourself to seriously. Its just a silly fun time riding on the bus with noisemakers and the La Cucaracha horn sound. We did the dinner option which was nice to meet others on the trip and get a good vibe going on with others on the bus. The stops were all about dancing and having drinks. It really was a good time. As a couple I doubt we would do it again, but if we went with another couple or group that liked to dance we would go again.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Not not been on it, it's just not me.... I like a few drinks but not carrying on on a party bus....

try the Aruba Sunrise Tours for a great time

on another note bring your own tubes to the Surf for the lazy river

Quote Originally Posted by arubastephandjim View Post
    We are deep into this right now! Last night my wife booked our airfare and signed the contract for our rental. We will be at the Surf Club March 13th until the 20th. Kind of a last minute trip but we are excited. She does a great job getting this all figured out! Now its time to get our daily plans together!

Bringing our daughter and her bf on along with us. She will be celebrating her 21st birthday on the island and I will be celebrating my 50th.

Anyone been on the party bus? we are also booking a red sail snorkeling trip. Any suggestions or opinions on those?

It's our third trip and we cant wait!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yes Renn island has mats to rent I think $5 a day
    have the pizzas on the island they are fab

Brady - I'm sure Andrea or Cindy will have a better answer for the Renaissance specifically, but most of the float rentals we've seen are the long mats types. Depending on the age of the kids, you may want something different for them.

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha yup some of those blow up noodles are HUGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Andrea - I had a bad experience ordering the blow up noodles. I wasn't paying attention I guess and thought they would be similar to the foam ones but the ones I got ended up being ridiculously huge. We gave them away. I'm sure it was my fault for the bad order, but won't go that route again. We love the regular noodles and have a ton of them. We bought one in Aruba once and left it there. Do you see a pattern here? We have bought enough floats and rafts over the last few years to open our own ebay store..lol. Okay maybe not, but I'm trying to stop doing that. We do use them though, if not for us, then family and friends - we are always around water. Papasans are ordered, we'll see how it goes.

Steph and Jim - Aren't last minute trips the best? You don't have to wait as long. But for us planners, it kicks everything into overdrive! You guys should check out Jolly Pirates. It's a snorkel party boat with snorkeling, sailing, a rope swing, dance music and open bar. In our experience the 9am trip is our favorite. It includes lunch. That's how I spent my last birthday - the pirates are a lot of fun.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I'm a fan of the Kukoo Kanuku party bus. We have done it 3 times, twice on cruises and also on our first real trip to the island. It has been a few years but we are actually planning on doing it again this trip... could very well end up being a disaster. Although the food isn't great I prefer the dinner version of it as it gives you an opportunity to mingle which does add to the enjoyment. As much as I try to pretend I am an introvert at the end of the day I am the guy that if I see someone not really having a good time I make it my mission to make certain they end up having fun..

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

I have not and won't do the party bus. I don't like that feeling the next day of "OMG, did I act like a fool", "did I offend anyone", " did I really do that/say that"? Been there done all that at home. But maybe it's a little different acting the fool with strangers. Hmmmmm. But for 21 year olds, it would be perfect if they like that kind of thing.

Back to trip planning again. DH does not, will not plan one thing before we go. I know we may not get into some of the restaurants, but we fly by the seat of our swimsuits when there. He even gave me a raised eyebrow when I told him I arranged for Bully to pick us up at the airport. "Why", he asked. The only thing he did agree that was a good idea was the car rental for the days there are cruise ships in port so we can leave the beach area.

All that being said, I do continue to make lists. No concrete plans, just ideas. Last time though, I forgot the list.

Hahaha. Are we married to the same man? My husband thinks I am crazy for all of the planning and research I do b it at the end of the trip he always seems happy with the places I have found for us mainly because of this forum. We typically don't do reservations because he won't commit, but this trip I insisted for Wacky Wahoo. Last night he said, hey have you heard of this 2 Fools and A Bull place, we should go there. After I stopped laughing I showed him how far in advance that place gets booked. And reminded him that he would be committing to a 3-4 hour experience rather than just a dinner. I know him, it will probably neveR happen.

So our compromise is that I have names a places that I want us to try, they when we get there we see how we feel and try to make it work. We eat early so we probably have better luck without reservations than Those that prefer a more normal dinner time.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Tracey, we buy our floats for the lazy river at WalMart. They are usually about 5 bucks each. They are kinda round with a blow up sling like seat and TWO drink holders. They are really small before inflating so easy to pack and at the end of the trip we give them away or just leave them in the elevator hall for whoever finds them (this is an accepted thing at the Surf club). I've had a float spring a leak before and just waited till I could snag one left behind by a previous guest. Enjoy your spur of the moment trip, I'm sure you guys will have a blast!!

My son just order two nice loungers floats for the water.. even has attachable hooks. (good way to lose hubby if he doesn't behave... lol) They were the last two for $11.00 each reg. $45.
    Also order us portable pump.
    Will used them on cruises too.
    Cathi

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast