Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Smile just got back from 2 weeks at Aruba

We usually stay for 3 weeks but our daughter gets married March 2 and my wife didn't think 2 weeks was enough time to do the last minute things so I had to shave a week off. That was tough because I LOVE ARUBA!!! We stayed at Marriott Surf Club and had a great time. I hear so much guff over the Marriotts but they are the best in our eyes. I go down to Mangel Halto everyday to snorkle. The first week it was calm everyday there. The last week the normal winds blew and it was rougher. The weeds blew onto the beach and they brought skid loaders and dump trucks to get it out of there. Can't do much about mother nature. I went deep sea fishing with Paradice which is the white boat with the red top out by the Marriott. He always does us a great job. Last year I went twice with 5 yahoo both times. This year the first time out I got 2 yahoo and the second time out, I got 7 wahoo, 1 yellow fin tuna and a bull shark. We went to DePalm Island for a half day. Our friends were there for the first time so we rented a jeep for one day to do the Island tour. This was our 15th trip back so we know the Island pretty well. We ate at Wacky Wahoos and it was the best. I took my wahoo that I caught and for $10, they fixed it and gave us noodles or rice and vegies. We ate ther 3 times and our friends said it was the best meal of the trip. We also ate at Pizza Bobs, Lindas pancakes,Casa Tuas, Bingos for creme brulee WOW!!!!! Madam Jannets, Texas Brazils which my wife got food poison from the ranch salad dressing. She was sick for 1 day. My friend really liked to play volleyball so we played pool volleyball and sand volleyball every afternoon. The days flew by so fast, I will stay the 3 weeks next winter. This summer we are going back for our 25th. Any questions about anything, feel free to send me a e-mail Kent
    kentgerber@adamswells.com

Hi Kent,

Where is Mangel Halto? We like to snorkel and would like to check this out.

Thanks!

Get me back to Aruba!

I am not Kent, but Mangel Halto is down near Spanish Lagoon. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.464402&lon=-69.97231&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

We found the clearest water of our trip at Mangel Halto in December, though there was more to see at Boca Catalina.

Thank you kindly Lisa!

Get me back to Aruba!

Smile

Mangel Halto is the best snorkling but there is a current and usually waves. We take seadoo scooters to pull you against the current. Also, people break in to your car if they see stuff in there. You might want to stick to DePalm Island or other snorkle tours. Kent

Kent do you rent the seadoo scooters from JADS?

Smile

I bring them from home. I have 5 of them and I leave 4 over there in our tubs that we leave over there. I don't know what they would rent for. I picked these up on e-bay for about $125. Kent

I've been snorkeling at Mangel Halto for years and have never had a problem with people breakng into my car. Of course I don't leave things in plain view either. As far as I'm concerned it is the best snorkeling on the island, and it's free. What's not to love. Have a wonderful trip.

Gary