Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    yum, that pizza looks so good...of course its close to lunchtime here, cindyo

Smile

Today it rained just about most of the day. We snorkled this morning. Of course we dropped the ladies off to shop. Then took them to the mini flee market that is set up on the weekends. Tonight we were going to Papimentoes but since it was raining, I cancelled it for a better night. We then went to Nos Conchoco. They were closed and then we found out that they shut down for good. We ended up going to Gianies. It was great!!!! Guess we need to start getting ready for the superbowl party. Talk to you later. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

Craig, I will tell Daniel that you said hello!!!!

Amy, Thanks for the pic. Now I'm getting hungery
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

Today I went to the towel hut line at 4:30 and it was a down pour. We had heavey rain for 3 or 4 hours and then really cloudy and rain off and on till after lunch. We did the Raddison brunch and it was great. I put a big dent in the omelette station. WOW!!! Those are good. We came back and just went to Ahrasi to snorkle. Theres alot of fish but I am soooo spoiled with Mangel Halto, it was just ok. Anyone going to Mangel Halto here is the scoop. They are making a nice rock wall up on top so they took the ladder out and old dock. They also tore the wood bridge out so you have to drive back around to the small beach and back by the mangroves to where you would enter the water to go out snorkling. There are always people there snorkling but be carefull. When I go we take water scooters to pull us around. Alot of days the current is pretty strong so I am glad I have a scooter. We hung out at the beach all afternoon. The sun is really hot so we still got about all the sun we can stand. We are at the Surf Club for 3 weeks. I asked the room control to see what she could do for me and she kept me in the same roome for all 3 weeks. Also 12th floor in the first bld by the beach. Well guess what. We are up in the room and the girls are preparing food for us to eat while watching the Superbowl. I'm not a real sports fan so if I watch the superbowl, its the only sports game I watch all year. I guess I would rather be snorkling. Well I guess that will do for today. I hope the right team wins for all you superbowlers out there because I am going to sleep really good no matter who wins. Good night. Kent

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Kent, thanks for the updates. If you hear anything on the strike at the airport there are many of us who would love an update. thanks, cindyo

Kent - thank you for your trip updates. I'd like to know more about your water scooters. We have 2 battery powered swim motors that can pull us around when snorkeling but I find the thing is heavy for me to lug into the water. Would you mind telling me the brand and specifics about the ones you use? Thanks....Cheryl

The scooters are 20 lbs. They are heavy. They are seadoo scooter. The battery is good for 2 hours then you have to charge them.

Monday was a great day!!! Rained in the morning like usuall and then we went on a dive boat and just paid $25 to snorkle. They let us drift snorkle for 1 hour and then they come and picked us up after they got the divers. We did this twice. They took us down to the coral gardens. Then we were back at 1:00 then we headed for DePalm Island. The food isn't that great but the snorkling makes up for it. You have to go out farther and take fish food to feed them. The big blue parrot fish come and it is really nice. If you stay in close, its all stirred up. We then took the snuba tour which was my first time ever to snuba. That was really nice. We ended up going to Bingos last night for burgers and chicken sage. Creme brulee. Everything was really good. Today we hung out on the beach after our morning snorkle. We seen 2 turtles at Mangel Halto and tons of fish. Now we are headed to Papementos. Will let you know how that turns out. I went down to Playa Linda Sat and today for bingo. Won the last round both days. $125 each time. Kent

Aruba since 1979
    congrats on your bingo wins!

keep the updates coming especially weather reports

my friend on island tells me the weather is perfect and it hasn't rained. i think she is teasing me (aka rubbing it in as we are frozen here in north country) as it looks like lots of showers over the past few days

andrea

Kent
    Did you find the bakery we were talking about, its sounds like you have been living the good life. Enjoy yourself

Smile

Andrea, Your friend might be right. When it rains on me is 4:30 to 7 am when I am in line for a hut. If she is normal and sleeps in like most people, she might not be seeing the rain.

Craig, I have really been busy but Friday when our friends go home, I am checking it out. We will have 1 more week of piece and quiet. I guess I have 2 fishing trips planned and about 10 groups to take snorkling. I guess you call that a slow down.

Pampementos was ecellent last night. The steak served on a 500 degree stone was great!!! Our friends put it on the top of the list so far. No rain yet this morning. Thats a first. I hate when it rains on us when we are snorkling because it gets us all wet!!!! Ha! Ha!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast