Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Kent sounds like a great trip so far! Get in as much snorkeling as possible. Thank you for your updates.

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Andrea, Your friend might be right. When it rains on me is 4:30 to 7 am when I am in line for a hut. If she is normal and sleeps in like most people, she might not be seeing the rain.
    Well I guess standing in line for hut goes on all year! I thought that having to get up so early was only during the "peak" season. I guess getting a chair isn't as hectic as the huts? I was hoping that this trip I could get to sleep until at least 7am instead of the crazy 6am to get my chairs on the beach.

Aren't vacations relaxing?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. I hope the rest of the groups your are taking snorkeling enjoy it as much as we did

Smile

Randy, You don't have to get up early if you don' want. They have a line at 4 in the afternoon that you can get a hut for the next day;

Craig, My friend Bob is going everytime I go. He is like a fish. We are having a great time.

They messed up our reservations last night so at 5 pm I am looking for a nice place to go since our friends only have 2 nights left. I finally got in at Flying Fishbone. All 4 of us said that was our best meal, 2 had the tenderlion steak and 2 the special. It was barracuda. It was awsome. Off to get in line for a hut. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Kent,
    At Christmas time they originally changed the hut reservation to the afternoon. People were getting mad that they had to wake up so early in the morning for a free hut so they decided to change it to the afternoon. As soon as they announced the change I knew this was not going to work because people would not be happy having to stand in line all afternoon! Sure enough, that is exactly what happened so they decided to put half the huts available in the morning and the other half in the afternoon.

I can't believe that you are getting up at 4am for a hut! During week 51 and 52, which are known to be busier than Jan./Feb. I only saw people getting up at 6 am, may be a few at 5:30am but when I came down (somewhere around 6:15am) there were only a few people.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

The one nice thing about waiting with the early people is most are in a pretty good mood and are interesting.

Ken I have been on the island for a few wks and will be here for a few more, would like to go to Mangel Halto one day and could follow you or meet up if there was a day you were going alone. I daily either walk or ride my bike by the Marriot Hotel in the morning not, 4am but between 7:a-10a. If there was a time you were going and dont mind an add on u could send a pm with e-mail address. thanks

Smile

I'm sorry that I am getting behind but I have been swamped!!!! Yesterday we got up and snorkled Arasi beach. Saw a big green eal, turtle, squid and alot of fish and a flounder. The water was stirred up but we had a great time. We got back and I hired Robertos snorkling on the beach to take my buddy and me to 2 shipwrecks. The antillies and another one. There was so many yellowtail snappers around our captain caught one for his lunch. We then ate at that pier by PlayaLinda for lunch and went to MJ for dinner. It was great. My friends were suppose to fly home today since they were here for 2 weeks. They weren't very happy about leaving so I got in touch with AA and booked them for Monday so they have 3 more days. The last 2 days was more like Aruba weather. Up till then its been raining alot. Today I checked our friends in at the Rennasance for 3 nights. So we went to the private Island today after we took a father and son snorkling at Mangel Halto. We seen a octopus, baracuda, squid, and alot of different fishes. We then snorkled out at the private Island which was stirred up alittle. Tonight we settled for Pizza Bobs. Thats the first place we hit twice since we have been here. Time to hit thje hay. 4:30 comes around alot quicker than you think. Good night. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

Today I took a few people from the Surf Club snorkling to MH. We have had some big waves crashing in and it brought alot of seaweed with it. They are starting to clean it up. There are some really big piles out there. We also got a big rainstorm in the morning. The roads thru Nord was covered with water. I would say 1 to 2 feet deep in places. This has been the most unusuall weather for this time of the year. Everyone I talk to say they have been here for 10 to 20 years and they have never seen weather like this. Since the beach is bad we just go to the private Island at the renassance every afternoon. That really worked out great. We ate lunch out on the Island and then went to Smokey Joes for dinner. That place was booming and during the meal it start raining buckets so everyone had to move underneath. On the way back it start raining again so we had to stop for ice cream so we didn't have to walk in the rain. We are still getting all the sun we can stand everyday so maybe its not all that bad to have some rain and clouds. I'm ready to jump on a boat and go fishing so I will let you know how things go. Kent

Smile

Yesterday we went fishing and got 5 wahoo and a barracuda. We went to Moombas last night and they fixed it for us. My friends left this morning so I hooked up with Marc and took him to Mangel Halto. We had a very good time and I am really glad I got to know him. He is going to go with me in the morning again. My days are winding down and I have to squeeze as much into a day that I possibly can. We hung out again at the Rennasance in the afternnon. You have to have a room there to use your key to take the boat across to the Island. It is very peacefull over there. Took some fresh fish to abunch of people I know here at the Marriott. Take care and I will post tommorrow. Kent

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast