• 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 3 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Kentucky Derby

Kentucky Derby

I searched this topic and the last thread that addressed this was from 8 years ago. So where should we go to watch the Derby at an outside venue? Carlito's comes to mind, but are there any other places we should consider on either Eagle or Palm beach or ? Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    Legends...are any of their tvs outside?

Definitely want to be outside! The only place I can come up with right now is the pool bar at Amsterdam Manor. They have a TV behind the bar and happy hour (2 for 1 drinks) is from 5-6pm so that will work for the race. I'll try to think of some other options though for us, too.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 04-03-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Outside- The Madero Bar at the Ritz. They have several TVS and will certainly have the games on. My butt will be sitting in one of the seats in two weeks watching a Futbol game.

Aruba since 1979
    the pool bar at LaCabana
    it is quite lively there.

terrific drinks, good band and the derby ...good times.

Walt, I saw a post recently that people were talking about watching from the pool bar stools at the Surf Club.

No thanks to LaCabana or Surf Club - too crowded and noisy for me. I want to be able to hear the announcer before and during the race. I take my Derbys seriously. I am a huge fan of Penny Chenery.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 04-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Tracey, we've watched a lot of sporting events at the pool bar at the Surf Club. The problem is they don't turn up the sound... you probably couldn't hear it if they did.We actually watched it at the pool bar at the Holiday Inn last year. It wasn't very noisy, you could hear the entire race and before and after the race. I've also thought about Moomba, it would be early enough that you would definitely be able to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey, we've watched a lot of sporting events at the pool bar at the Surf Club. The problem is they don't turn up the sound... you probably couldn't hear it if they did.We actually watched it at the pool bar at the Holiday Inn last year. It wasn't very noisy, you could hear the entire race and before and after the race. I've also thought about Moomba, it would be early enough that you would definitely be able to hear.
    Sound is a must for the Derby! I would think Carlitos, Playa Linda Beach Bar or Moomba would all be good choices. The Beach Bar is quickly becoming a favorite of ours. Jon watched a Sunday night football game there.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Sound is a must for the Derby! I would think Carlitos, Playa Linda Beach Bar or Moomba would all be good choices. The Beach Bar is quickly becoming a favorite of ours. Jon watched a Sunday night football game there.
    The Beach Bar is great, and Claudia makes killer drinks!