Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kids to Aruba and missing school days?

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    I bring my kids to aruba every december,we talk to there teachers ahead of time to let them know some teacher have given them work to do while others have not there only concern is that we dont bring them away while mcas testing is going on

Just got off the phone with my Florida daughter. She is bringing her 10 year-old in February. Before she decided to do so, she checked with his teacher to be sure he could handle the missing week and for homework arrangements. I guarantee he will spend time every day doing his studying. She will make sure of that.

Our youngest is now a sophomore in high school so we do not take him out of school now for any vacations. Not only would there be a lot of work to make up but coaches basically have a zero tolerance for missing practices, games and meets. If a child can handle the makeup work and the vacation allows for some type of experience whether it be quality family time or an extraordinary learning experience then I personally feel it is up to the parents.

With that said though, I teach in an elementary classroom in an alternative school. We have had to contact children services on guardians who do not comply with attendance requirements and their children fall further behind. This is not ok and sets a precedence that will carry into later school years potentially resulting in dropping out and or into the working years and the constant circle of losing jobs , finding new jobs or giving up entirely and relying on the govt to meet their needs.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum dmconn1

Thanks Andrea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12