Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

LaCabana Stay & Hurricane Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by AZChris n Bob View Post
    Left Phoenix Friday morning around 6 am for our 8:30 flight to Miami then onto Aruba scheduled to leave at 6pm and arrive at 9pm. Still not knowing if we would be able to make it in, we headed out anyway. Got to Miami and waited for our flight to leave but heavy thunderstorms and lightening in Miami delayed us until 9pm. 3 1/2 hours later, we flew through horrendous rain, thunder, wind and lightening and around the hurricane but finally touched down ar 12:30am. Tropic rental gave up on us so we took a cab ( which worked out better with all the rain and flooding ) got to la cabana at 1:30, in our room by 2 and lights out at 3. What a day but we are here! Overcast day on Saturday, Hans delivered our car around 10:30, beach is still closed so we meet up with all our friends we haven't seen in a year, hung out at the pata pata, played bingo and trivia. Decided to go to barneys for dinner with our friends kathy and don. Food was good as usual. DH had Parmesan crusted grouper, I had my usual build your own burger, kathy had a chicken sate and don had the all you can eat steak. Everything was delicious and we will definitely be back a few more times. Deposited some money at the Alhambra and called it a night. Waves are still crashing today (Sunday), overcast and beach still closed but clean up is in progress. So grateful for all the hard work everyone here is putting in. Probably head down to the beach for a while, read, socialize and figure out what we are doing tonight. Until later....
    Hi,

My husband & I are headed to LaCabana on Sat Oct. 8, 2016 through Sat Oct 15th (coming in from Atlanta Georgia Airport). Can you tell me how the is weather and how much damage the Island sustained damage now after Hurricane Matthew? Most of the Webcams are not showing recent up to date images (not a good sign). I have been to Aruba many times before but my husband has never been and I was telling him I choose Aruba since they are out of the Hurricane belt (laugh). We had planned to do some snorkeling but I think it may be too rough and won't be able to see how pretty it is. You are so lucky to be there for so long. Wish we could be there for longer. Any suggestions you can make would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Donna & Norm

Pictures

Where are the pictures posted? I would be interested in seeing them.

Aruba since 1979
    donnah there are photos on this thread
    click link
    Matthew..depression thru hurricane
    the last few pages of the thread has lots of photos

also too there is a FB group Lacabana Beach and Racquet Club
    you can ask to be a member and Sena or I will approve you

Happy and safe and fun travels

QUOTE=donnah;305374]Where are the pictures posted? I would be interested in seeing them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much

Hi donnah - welcome to the posting side of the Aruba.com Community Forum
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ