Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Large group - suggestions for food/activities

my family of 15 people (10 adults and 5 children) will be traveling to aruba for 4 nights this thanksgiving. I would appreciate if anyone can provide tips/suggestions as to places that are friendly and accommodative of large groups. i'm particularly interested in places to eat and island activities.

i.e. - what's better for large group - de palm or jolly pirates for both the snorkeling and island tours?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We have done Depalm snorkel with the kids( we were a party of 24) and had a blast !!! We took cabs to the boat, and after many drinks took their bus back to the hotel.... Kids from 15 months to 55 yrs all went...We've done it 5x now.
    We've also had luck in a large group of 20 at Chalet Suisse, Sunset grill, Laguna buffet, El Gaucho( ask for the rd table upstairs), Texas DBrazil....All those places accomodated us easily. HAve a blast.

Most likely the only place for Thanksgiving Turkey will be the buffet at the Raddison which can accommodate your large group and the price and food is good.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

If you are interested in Texas D Brazil go to their website and register. Last Thanksgiving they e-mailed 50 % off coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyboater View Post
    If you are interested in Texas D Brazil go to their website and register. Last Thanksgiving they e-mailed 50 % off coupons.

You dont want to register until 30 days before. I did the mistake of registering early-- the coupon was only good for the next 30 days

Thanks!

I always love the Sunset Sails on the Jolly Pirates. Book ahead of time with a large crowd. If you make reservations, I'm sure some of the larger retauarants would be happy to accomodate you all. Gianni's for Italian, Bingo for casual (I have booked groups up to 20 there and they have the table all set up for us and will even give you a special menu.) Smokey Joe's for ribs, Pizza Bob's for "PIZZA", Chalet Suisse for fine dining. Then there are the beach bars where you can go during the day for lunch - Bugaloo. What I find with large groups is that some like to go their own way so I bet not all your meals will be done together but when you do want to have a special meal with all present, try to book one of these places. If they have advance notice, they will do their best to accomodate you...Enjoy....Cheryl

The Old Fiherman fresh /local fish,Nos Kunukoo restuarant and Barnes great for kids,Bucaneer Restuarants with sea aquarium

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    The Red Sail sunset sail is good for a group. It's not as crowded as some of the other sunset sails. They have rum drinks and snacks. The guys are great and by the end of the trip, there is lots of dancing going on.

Smile

arubaness,
    for thanksgiving dinner we go to the hyatt; the dinner is very nice and organized very well. avoid disappointment and make ur res early.
    in fact, for a group ur size, during a holiday week (esp) i wld rec choosing a few "must-do's" before u arrive, nailing down the dates for the group and organizing these in advance.
    also when u reserve in advance w/ many co. you can find online discount savings; every bit helps when traveling w/ a group.
    enjoy ur holiday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast