Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Laundry Question

I would certainly agree that my laundry expense pails in comparison to my hotel stay for 15 nights, no worries. I am frugal and extravagant wrapped into one body, certainly not the typical Ritz customer but I am not all that typical

Thanks for the info about dry cleaning.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

We always do our own laundry and travel with carry on only.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We do laundry when we stay more than a week. Usually half way into our stay. The Costa Linda has 3 washers and dryers on the second floor and 4th floor. ABC has a laundry room with washers and dryers. Will be at Divi Phoenix first week of ten nights and not sure about their laundry facilities. Will have to check. Surf Club has washer/dryer in suite. We have stayed the last 3 years at Costa Linda for both weeks. Best time to do laundry here is on Friday morning as that is when most people have checked out and new arrivals have not gotten there yet. We take those little packets of laundry detergent you can get at Target or Walmart in the travel section and a dozen dryer sheets in a baggie.

Little hint, you can use the dryer sheets to rub down the steering wheel and seats in your rental car if they have an odor. It has happened to us before.

We also put dryer sheets in our suitcases for a fresh smell.
    Last edited by arubabob; 08-02-2016 at 04:15 PM.

When I went in July I did just a carry on and it was perfect for the week for just myself.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We always do our own laundry and travel with carry on only.

We travel with a carry on. We have a washer and dryer at the surf club but when we stay elsewhere we go to the quickie lickie laundromat. It is right near the Wendy's.
    They offer both self service and drop off.
    We dropped it off in the AM and picked it up later that afternoon. Sorry can't remember the cost.

Thanks again guys. I am now just curious about the cost to have it done right at the hotel. It looks like there are plenty of options if I decide their prices are nuts. I think my cutoff with the Ritz is somewhere around $75 for ease of use, lol. I appreciate all of your help. I am very excited to be going away.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-02-2016 at 07:49 PM.

We just drop off our clothes at Blue something laundry. Owner has two locations, one near Palm, and one around Noord. They fold the clothes nicely and smells fresh. I just wore a t-shirt yesterday still folded from the wash, scent reminded me of Aruba. I also have detergent sensitive skin (tide for me could mean a trip to the ER), and they passed the skin test

Oh, this is so good to know! My dh is so allergic to Tide also.

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    We just drop off our clothes at Blue something laundry. Owner has two locations, one near Palm, and one around Noord. They fold the clothes nicely and smells fresh. I just wore a t-shirt yesterday still folded from the wash, scent reminded me of Aruba. I also have detergent sensitive skin (tide for me could mean a trip to the ER), and they passed the skin test

I try to do my laundry before I return home, makes it easy on packing. Had the experience of staying at a hotel where they had no washers or dryers on site for guests to use. Thankfully the majority of hotels/resorts where I stayed on Aruba made it possible to take care of my laundry needs.

I use Quickie Lickie's drop off service just about every year. Very convenient and not very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we do laundry

@ lacabana and ocean suites, we use the provided washers and dryers.

i recommend that you use Quickie Lickie NEXT DOOR to Bavaria.

Wash dry and fold..about $8 total and very close to the Ritz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast