Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Littering

Aruba since 1979

Littering

Littering....on the beach from the flip flop festival.

I wonder why some folks feel the need to be pigs?
    Is it ignorance or laziness?

Today while swimming, i watched a woman toss her cigarette but onto the pool deck.

I don't get it. It takes such little effort to be respectful of mother earth.

Littering-12814732_1147858688557714_817345390213372714_n.jpg
    photo from 24.ora

Wow, that's crazy. I don't get it either. So disrespectful!

I think it's both ignorance and laziness. I pick up trash, discarded drink cups and the like all over the grounds at Surf Club and other places we go. But a lot of the cause is the winds there, they blow stuff like empty plastic cups everywhere. I think of the resort as my home away from home and I have no problem picking up a piece of trash, even in the hallways. I take pride in the place, maybe because we own there.

I feel like Walt, if I see some trash I have no problem picking it up and putting it in trash bin. What i really do not get is...if you have a plastic cup and it gets swept up in wind, why in heavens name would you not get up off your lazy behind and pick it up ????
    Wonder what their homes look like ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I agree, too many people are a combination of ignorant and lazy.

I've tried my best to teach my kids that, unfortunately, it is our job to help those who were not taught the same rules and it is our duty to Mother Earth to do anything we can to help the ignorant & lazy
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When we walk the beach we feel like a groundskeeper. We just can't walk past the trash while it washes out to sea. Not only is it unsightly but some of the items left in the sand are a hazard to the feet.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

and to the creatures of the sea!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Littering....on the beach from the flip flop festival.

I wonder why some folks feel the need to be pigs?
    Is it ignorance or laziness?

Today while swimming, i watched a woman toss her cigarette but onto the pool deck.

I don't get it. It takes such little effort to be respectful of mother earth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12814732_1147858688557714_817345390213372714_n.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	4810
    photo from 24.ora
    It is neither, it is I don't careness.

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Ugh. This is a particularly sensitive subject for me. Nothing drives me crazier than littering. Where I grew up in NJ my first job was picking up trash at the beach two blocks from my house for $125 a week. I remember I'd be out there from 6am-10am every weekday morning in summer, riding down the beach in a truck picking up anything we saw. It absolutely sucked, and was hotter than hell by the time we were done, but nothing beats responsibility into a 13 year old than picking up trash for meager pay. Plus, we got free beach passes. There were days I'd work from 6-10 and then sit at the beach with friends from 10-whenever. Looking back, I actually remember swimming with friends during a thunderstorm once. The waves were incredible. Ahhh, to be young and stupid. Now I'm just older and stupid.

Now, not to make myself look like the forum lunatic, I have a much different response to littering. I'm the kind of person who, if I see you pitch something out of your car, will stop and pick it up and bring it back to you at a stoplight and tell you that 'I think you dropped something.' Or, if that's not possible, I've been known to yell unpleasantries out my window. If I ever saw anyone littering at Palm or Eagle Beach (or anywhere in Aruba for that matter), I think I'd have the big one. There are so many problems that littering causes. It harms the environment, it harms the animals, it harms tourism, which harms locals. Ugh. May these people never run into me at the beach.

The worst is at resorts or places that have a janitorial staff. People just assume that there's a staff that exists solely to clean up after them. It's ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast