Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: the little leaguers comming to williamsport...

aruba just lost to japan....12-1...only went 4 innings because of the ten run rule....i believe they now play again on saturday. come on boys.....you can do it!!!!

I had plans to go up for the game on Saturday until I found out that they added metal detectors at all of the entrances to the property and prohibit bringing any liquids on site. LLB has always been cautious, but this stuff is so far over the top that it borders on the absurd.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Cumberland, RI is playing tomorrow at 3:00.....big big news in our town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cumberland lost this afternoon- played California 9-0
    Thwy will play a second game.

Aruba plays Taiwan at noon on Saturday, the game will be live on ESPN. They likely need to win to have any hope of advancing.

if they lose they are out and will have one more "conselation" game. the game last night between pennsylvania and kentucky was great. pennsylvania lost in the end 1-0. pitcher for ky was great. it was said that 41,000 people were actually there to watch them play....i think that is the biggest crowd they have ever had....it was a good game

the senior boys took second place in there pool of players....but they were knocked out in their last game for the championship.....good job boys....you played hard!!!

Aruba since 1979
    in this day and age this does not sound over the top for me, but sounds like the "norm"

it is a sad sad world we live in these days isn't it?

those precautions of metal detectors and no bringing in liquor/beverages/liquids would keep you from attending?

the arubans are very excited and very proud of their kids out playing ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I had plans to go up for the game on Saturday until I found out that they added metal detectors at all of the entrances to the property and prohibit bringing any liquids on site. LLB has always been cautious, but this stuff is so far over the top that it borders on the absurd.

This isn't a precaution to get into the stadium, it goes for everyone no matter where they sit. That includes the hill that can seat 35-40,000 people. I'm all for security, but that goes far beyond what is needed for this event. I've been there for hundreds of games and even worked as staff for dozens of them, it's a severe overreaction on their part. As an organization they have always been cautious and safety conscious, it's not entirely surprising that they are going so far to eliminate any liability on their part.

Tough game for the kids from Aruba, best of luck to them in the last game.

Chadd, I disagree about the security precautions being over the top. The LL World Series has become a very high profile, nationally televised event. This is exactly the type of event that needs to have such precautions.

I am here at the LLWS and have to go through these screenings several times a day, but I realize they are necessary.

By the way, I was the home plate umpire for Aruba's game on Saturday, and I am also on the crew for their Monday game.

Good luck, hope you get the call for the next round.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123