Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Pricing

Local Pricing

I think they should give those of us that visit every few months the local pricing at places! I think I'll give it a shot! HA! I'm sure after a few times the unique last name reservations look familiar to some.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Let us all know if that works for you. cindyo

If it wasnt such a risk to carry my passport around I'd show them all the stamps! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post
    I think they should give those of us that visit every few months the local pricing at places! I think I'll give it a shot! HA! I'm sure after a few times the unique last name reservations look familiar to some.
    I couldn't agree with you more! We should be given something we can show that would get us local discounts.

Aruba since 1979
    i disagree (respectfully)
    the arubans and residents are entitled to some "perks" of residency.

although tourism is their livelihood for the most part.....i feel that the aruban resident is entitled to discounts.

similar to my real estate taxes here in maine. i get a "discount" because I live in my home. if the home was a rental unit or i was not a full time resident i would not be entitled to the discount.

i would go on........but i have a sinus headache and it hurts to think.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I do know that they are giving the Rennaissance timeshare guests a 15% at a lot of restaurants. All you have to do is show your room key. Every little bit helps.
    Last edited by cindyo; 02-17-2009 at 04:35 PM.

It would just be nice to get it somewhere because "perks" and "discounts" are definitely not in the New Jersey vocabulary that's for sure.

I forgot about the 15% at Ren, at least that's something. Slim pickings though, no? I used it for breakfast at the Waterfront Crab house every morning though. I guess it would just be nice maybe to see some more coupons to the nicer, more expensive restaurants that we all like to return to every year. We pay it because we are on vacation but sometimes we leave and say ouch when we compare what we actually had to what we paid.

Touchy subject here for me...

...went into a local bar, ordered an ice-cold Coca-Cola, paid 3 florins (clearly a bit steep but I ordered it so I paid for it). About half an hour later, a young kid, maybe 10-12 years old pops in, asks (in Papiamento) for the same Coke, and pays only 1 florin. I say nothing. AND I HAVEN'T BEEN BACK SINCE.

When the prices are flexible like this, I can't help but think I'm being ripped off at some point.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I totally agree with you SanNic on that. If some people knew how much some things are marked up then they would feel the same way as you and I.

What is the government's stance on local pricing? Is this even legal?

I totally agree with SanNic as I would not return back to the local bar either.

I now own a house in Aruba and pay taxes, does this entitle me to local pricing or is it only for permanent residents? Would getting an Aruba Identification Card help?

Regards,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast