Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Local residents are not happy with new heliport at Malmok

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

Local residents are not happy with new heliport at Malmok

While I think it's great to have the possibility of helicopter rides again, I agree that Malmok is not a good spot to have the heliport. However, construction work is already in process.

Google translation, picture at link:

Local residents are not happy with new heliport at Malmok

Thursday, November 5th, 2015 13:32
    At the site where the helicopter center should come, the construction work has begun.

Oranjestad - Caribbean Heli Centre (CHC) on Monday began construction of a heliport. That's besides the building of Skydive Aruba Malmok. From December to be performed commercial helicopter flights there. Local residents and water sports, however, are afraid of nuisance. Several residents have therefore united and filed a lawsuit against the company that will operate the flights.

By our reporter

Leanne van Spronsen

Flights must be carried out later by Caribbean Heli Centre (CHC). This company has been around for almost two years preparing and applying for permits. Only the application of the Air Operator's Certificate by the Department of Civil Aviation Aruba (DCA) is not yet finalized. The company is a branch of the Dutch company Heli Centre, based in Lelystad.

Local residents and water sports, however, are upset because she has not been previously informed or warned and because not asked for their opinion. "It is next to a residential area. People see the value of their homes, sometimes reaching 2 million florins, plummet. The helicopter will probably fly all day, it does not cause a nuisance? "One resident of Malmok wonders. "The wind and kite surfing companies have no information about the total helicopter is, what its impact is on the wind, or it is not dangerous so close to the road."

Sightseeing flights

The helicopter is used, an Airbus EC 120B Colibri "the company says. According to CHC, this' by far the quietest helicopter in its class. " The built-in tail rotor would ensure that much sound is produced. In the unit are five seats. The aim of CHC has been conducting scenic flights for tourists, transport to and from the airport and to the golf course of Tierra del Sol. "By using this silent helicopters and special trainings have kites, they are able to keep noise to a minimum.

Airflow

The so-called 'downwash' of this helicopter is very small. Skydivers, paragliders and kite surfers will therefore suffer little from the air by helicopter. "Daily Herald wrote earlier that Aruban security in case of need also can make use of the helicopter.

Training

"The helicopter in the Netherlands is ready to be packed," said Director of Business Development John Oster. "Probably we can start flying in early December." Then the phone is tested and the first months, it remains at a helicopter, then there will be a second and a little one for lessons. It is the intention that is also trained as a helicopter pilot in the helicopter center. "It is also useful for pilots who follow the training at the Dutch company, because the weather is unpredictable. This can make them more flight hours in six weeks than there. "When does the training comes, Oster can not say.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/216578-o...eliport-malmok

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Where in Malmok?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Where in Malmok?
    Next to the sky diving location. Across from Ritz who are really pissed about this. Residents are upset about noise, safety and the down wash stirring up a lot of red dust

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Where in Malmok?
    There is a picture at the link where you can see a large building in the background. I believe that's the Ritz?

The article also mentions that it should be close where the Skydiving takes place. Here is their FB with a map:

https://www.facebook.com/skydive.aruba/timeline

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thanks, we stay at Gold Coast but we're on the beach at Arashi during the day so it wouldn't bother us. If its by the Ritz, I can see how it would bother them.

Aruba since 1979
    well it has been about 3 years since Aruba helitours left, their heliport was downtown near the marina and probably about 15 years since the other helitour company near the sewer treatment plant folded...

there apparently is a need as tourists do love a helicopter tour.
    as they say helipad....not in my backyard !

I need SOMEWHERE to land my Batcopter!

My interpretation, Disney world has become disney land, epcot etc. etc. sickening...

Is there any place we can complain? Anybody know what can be done to stop it?

Aruba since 1979
    my suspicions are that complaints will be futile.
    however, you can contact the dept of tourism (the ATA) or the dept of transportation.
    Minister Otmar Oduber would be the person to direct the inquiries to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizav View Post
    Is there any place we can complain? Anybody know what can be done to stop it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast