Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Locking up Valuables at Beach, Pool or Hotel?

Most if not all resorts have in room safes.

At the Tamarijn there is a charge of $2 per day, well with it for the piece of mind.

Aruba since 1979
    VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?)
    Aruba lovers.
    Many of us have concerns as to what to do with our "stuff" when we go to the beach, snorkeling, off roading etc in Aruba. (cameras, ipods, wallets, sunglasses to name a few)

We had a discussion on this board in the earlier part of the summer and one of the things that was mentioned was about the " vacation vault".
    They will be available to purchase or to rent within a few weeks. The first units for sale/rental should be on the island in a couple of weeks. Obviously with shipping, handling and local retail markup the price will appear to be a little higher in Aruba, but when taking into account shipping charges in the US and Canada, it evens out. The suggested Aruban retail is $38.50.

At present they are selecting key retail outlets to handle direct customer sales. In the interim, there is an email address for interested parties to get more info. All they need to do is email and brochure will be sent by pdf attachment. The email address is vaults@solpalmas.com All inquiries will be answered.

andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-26-2009 at 10:48 PM.

I used the Travel Safe on my trip last week. Overall I would say it is worth it. It is not too big but can easily fit 2 normal sized digital cameras, cash, credit cards etc. It is a little tricky to get it locked at first but after you do it a few times it is pretty easy to get the hang of. I think it would be better if the lock was a combination lock instead of the key though because you still need to take the key with you. I either put the key in my waterproof pouch when we went in the water or left it in a zipped pocket in our beach bag which was on one chair and had the Travel Safe locked to another chair covered by a towel. Not perfect but it would take some time for a potential thief to see the safe, rummage through the beach bag, find the key and unlock the safe. Not that I have ever really worried about theft but the extra peace of mind was kind of nice.

Are there thieves lurking about? Just left my stuff in a bag on the beach with no problem.

Aruba since 1979
    who knows if thieves are lurking about. one always hears about snatch and grabs. if one can take the time to make a snatch and grab not so quick it will give the thief reason to move on to someone else, whose stuff is not secure.

there is petty crime everywhere.
    here on this forum we try to recommend that folks be proactive in protecting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliecanpro View Post
    Are there thieves lurking about? Just left my stuff in a bag on the beach with no problem.

Locking Beach Bag

I use the Lock-A-Bye bag for the beach or in my room...it's really a high end bag, looks great, works great and you can't cut through it or get into the bag...it's awesome

Aruba since 1979
    where did u purchase it?.... and welcome to the aruba.com forum
    Quote Originally Posted by kt5123 View Post
    I use the Lock-A-Bye bag for the beach or in my room...it's really a high end bag, looks great, works great and you can't cut through it or get into the bag...it's awesome

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Just took a little peak at those bags mentioned....$149.00 for tote or beach bag. Ummm, I am thinking its a bit to much $$$$$ for me. I am perfectly happy with my vacation vault. We had one, bought another at Home Depot on line. Soooo, two for us. Only downside, new kindle doesn't fit in it, camera, wallet misc stuff does.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Just took a little peak at those bags mentioned....$149.00 for tote or beach bag. Ummm, I am thinking its a bit to much $$$$$ for me. I am perfectly happy with my vacation vault. We had one, bought another at Home Depot on line. Soooo, two for us. Only downside, new kindle doesn't fit in it, camera, wallet misc stuff does.
    We considered it before we got our Kindles but needed something large enough for my camera so went with
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We received and are very happy with the
    meshsafe b200 laptop backpack (50% off) US$ 59.99

as well as purchasing the
    retractasafe 250 4 dial retractable cable lock US$ 17.99

We were pleased with the quality of the product. LOL, dd, wanted to know why the back pack was so heavy. Now when we travel, this will do away with a carry-on and our laptop computer bag, it will fit under an airline seat and we can then lock it to anything in our room we wish as well as locking it to a chair or palapa. The retratasafe cable extends 3 ft.
    http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...2/product.html not the greatest color, but less than what we paid dh uses this as he carry on now and it works great for his laptop as well.

Cindy also see
    www.aruba.com/forum/f32/amazon-kindle-31198/index3.html#post213508 to protect your kindle from the sand and water.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Oh you are good Lisa ! We all have Kindles so I will have to review with rob ! thanks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast