Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Locking up Valuables at Beach, Pool or Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The Travel Safe 12L http://pacsafe.com/travelsafe-12l-portable-safe looks like a great item!

That's it, great bag, when done, just roll it up and put it back into it's holder that it came in.

Try the Kyss bag! Perfect for attaching to your hut!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyaruba12 View Post
    Try the Kyss bag! Perfect for attaching to your hut!

I used mine for the first time on this past trip - loved it! And so easy to use!
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I looked at those online but couldn't decide about its construction. The chain looks a little light weight to me. Is it? Do you guys think it is really secure or does it just keep the honest people honest?

Aruba since 1979
    In light of today's posting of Gaby's stuff being swiped at the beach.

Please be aware that even in Aruba (our paradise) there are bad people who prey on the unsuspecting.
    It is unfortunate and frustrating being violated.

Please consider buying or borrowing a locking device for your stuff.

http://www.pacsafe.com/travelsafe-12...able-safe.html

http://www.kyssbags.com

Still love my vacation vault in a pretty teal color We've used it for years and I still feel very secure with it.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I think that I am going to order one of the kyss bags. I'm deciding on the size. Does anyone know if the medium size bag is adequate size for a few electronics and maybe a beach towel or two? I'd like to also use it at the pool this summer, and I usually cart some of my grand daughter's things along with me. The large size looks huge. We usually take our vacation vault along, but are finding that it isn't large enough to hold our electronics and camera, so something bigger will probably work better for us.

Aruba since 1979
    the large is not huge

it may suit your needs if you want to add a beach towel or 2.

• 3 Sizes
      • Large: 18"High X 20"Long X 6"Wide
      • Medium: 14"High X 20"Long X 6"Wide
      • Compact: 14" H X 14" L X 4" W

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I think that I am going to order one of the kyss bags. I'm deciding on the size. Does anyone know if the medium size bag is adequate size for a few electronics and maybe a beach towel or two? I'd like to also use it at the pool this summer, and I usually cart some of my grand daughter's things along with me. The large size looks huge. We usually take our vacation vault along, but are finding that it isn't large enough to hold our electronics and camera, so something bigger will probably work better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    We have the large KYSS bag and used it in Aruba in Sept. I thought the large was a little TOO large. It is good if you want to throw in 2+ beach towels though which take up the most room. But for the two of us, I wish I would have purchased the medium. For the beach we usually have 2 towels (sometimes more but we tend to carry those), camera with case, 2-3 books, suntan lotion, cell phone, etc. It was very easy to use - the lock was a breeze and only took a few seconds and the chain went around the palapa with room to spare.

I used the Vacation Vault a few years ago - it never did "grow on me" and I ended up leaving it at home most of the time.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I think I will order the medium size Kyss Bag. My only concern is the chain does seem rather thin but I guess the average thief isn't going to carry a chain cutter to the beach. As long as it goes around the palapa. I wouldn't want it to just go through the chair, they can easily pick that up & take it. I want to hook it around the palapa because I know that's not going anywhere. I realize you can't prevent everything whether on vacation or in the USA. But why make it easy. Let them work for it, lol.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast