Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Locking up Valuables at Beach, Pool or Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I think I will order the medium size Kyss Bag. My only concern is the chain does seem rather thin but I guess the average thief isn't going to carry a chain cutter to the beach. As long as it goes around the palapa. I wouldn't want it to just go through the chair, they can easily pick that up & take it. I want to hook it around the palapa because I know that's not going anywhere. I realize you can't prevent everything whether on vacation or in the USA. But why make it easy. Let them work for it, lol.
    I just checked the website and it appears all but the compact size are out of stock...

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I think I will order the medium size Kyss Bag. My only concern is the chain does seem rather thin but I guess the average thief isn't going to carry a chain cutter to the beach. As long as it goes around the palapa. I wouldn't want it to just go through the chair, they can easily pick that up & take it. I want to hook it around the palapa because I know that's not going anywhere. I realize you can't prevent everything whether on vacation or in the USA. But why make it easy. Let them work for it, lol.
    We have the large bag and the chain has plenty of room to go around the palapa and also through the handle of our cooler bag (don't want anyone to take off with our beer. LOL!) Beach thieves are looking for the easy "grab and go" items. I would love to see them grab the bag and get pulled back short by the chain while others watched. LOL!
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Aruba since 1979
    we watched it happen on a cruise ship in April.
    it was not our bag but a bag near where we were sitting.
    the chain was attached to the lounge, the person made a grab and it was comical to see him tug and tug, then give up.
    we pointed him out to ship's security.
    apparently, they checked some video feed and we never saw him again on the cruise.
    they checked his/wife's cabin and found lots of stolen stuff.
    (we got all of our info from the bar waiter )
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We have the large bag and the chain has plenty of room to go around the palapa and also through the handle of our cooler bag (don't want anyone to take off with our beer. LOL!) Beach thieves are looking for the easy "grab and go" items. I would love to see them grab the bag and get pulled back short by the chain while others watched. LOL!

Love it! Talking about getting what you deserve. Good job Andrea!!!!!!

That's funny. I'd bury the chain in the sand just to watch it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Trip #13 Coming Up Next In October.

THE ARUBA PEARL. OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

I try to minimize by bringing just the necessary

• Hotel: Use the safe!
    • Pool / Hotel beach: Use hotel safe
    • Snorkeling Beach: Rental keys secured to suit. Or, I just have my wife drop me off and pick me up later. Either way, the flip- flops I just wedge between some limestone on the beach so the wind doesn't take them.
    • Rugged side park and hike: take all belongings

I use the hotel safe for all of our stuff but I do like to bring my camera to the beach in the beach bag. I could care less (although I would not be happy - LOL!) if anyone stole my bag with just an easy to replace camera, maybe $20 at the most, and other stuff like books, etc. - everything easy to replace. But I cannot replace the photos on my camera. That's really the only reason I use the KYSS bag with the lock.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I did order one and it's on back order. Even if I don't get it for my Aruba trip I can use it for the local waterpark while I a in the lazy river with a nice frozen drink..
    What's really nice is you pick your own numbers...

Just got email bags are now available and mine has been shipped...

I had bought the travelsafe 12L a few years ago and we take it everywhere with us. I did change the lock out with a good combination lock when I got it. Put the cable around the center post of the palapa, lock it and go...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast