Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for volunteers to transport pups to the U.S.

Looking for volunteers to transport pups to the U.S.

Animal Relief Foundation Aruba is looking for volunteers to transport to Boston, New York and Rochester/Buffalo area. ARFaruba will make all the arrangements. We will meet you at the airport in Aruba with the puppy and proper documentation. ARfaruba will pay the transport fee of the puppy. There will be someone at the receiving airport to meet you and the puppy.
    We also need transport for 2 adult dogs to Newark/Philadelphia and Boston/Maine. The adult dogs can only be tranported via American or Delta.
    We have 18 puppies in need of transport. If anyone would like to adopt a puppy, please send me a pm.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Aruba since 1979
    Kath

Could you give us all a little history of these pups?
    I know most of the story, but do not want to mess it up.
    (most if not all of these pups were rescued from the kill cages)
    thx!

Looking for volunteers to transport pups to U.S.

Andrea,

Yes, these were the puppies rescued from the kill cage. There were 21 puppies in all put in the kill cage in one day. Sadly, one of them did not make it. They were anemic and needed some vet care before they could be adopted and leave the island. 16 puppies are healthy, very active and ready to go. They had their first vaccinations. They are now almost 3 months old. The first puppy to be adopted left on Monday for his forever home. We have fosters waiting for the others. We just need to get them transported.
    There are also 2 adult dogs waiting for transportation to the states. One was rescued by a tourist from Moomba Beach. The other was rescued from the Lighthouse.

Kathy

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for their "story"

sad past, ...........promising future.

Andrea,

Yes, very sad beginning, but we are hopeful that they are as lucky as Bambi...still call him that..sorry. He was our first. I look at his pictures all the time. Wish we could save them all, but we know that is just about impossible.
    Barry was the first to leave and I am confident that he is going to have a very good life. His picture is on our facebook. I am also thankful to my neighbors, Miguel and Ann. They have been wonderful.
    Last week, another board member paid 50 florins for a little puppy on the beach at CDM from a drunk guy who was throwing the puppy in the ocean...guess he was trying to teach him to swim..or drown. The puppy is just a little guy. He is adorable! They took him back to Chicago with them and have already found him a forever home. They named him Balashi!

Kathy

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh
    throwing a pup into the ocean "sink or swim"......the drunk guy should have been given a taste of his own medicine.

hooray for Balashi now in chicago!

bambi, now benji is huge and thriving.
    one would never know he was a street pup eating bugs on the street near the airport rotary.

i will find a photo of him and post it as a thumbnail in this section

thank you and all of the ARFAruba members for all the good you do.

Quote Originally Posted by sugar View Post
    Andrea,

Yes, very sad beginning, but we are hopeful that they are as lucky as Bambi...still call him that..sorry. He was our first. I look at his pictures all the time. Wish we could save them all, but we know that is just about impossible.
    Barry was the first to leave and I am confident that he is going to have a very good life. His picture is on our facebook. I am also thankful to my neighbors, Miguel and Ann. They have been wonderful.
    Last week, another board member paid 50 florins for a little puppy on the beach at CDM from a drunk guy who was throwing the puppy in the ocean...guess he was trying to teach him to swim..or drown. The puppy is just a little guy. He is adorable! They took him back to Chicago with them and have already found him a forever home. They named him Balashi!

Kathy

Aruba since 1979

Bambi aka Ben

Benji is well traveled.
    Aruba to MA.
    Ma to ME.
    ME to PA.
    PA to NH

my niece and her husband and kids adopted Ben and we delivered him to their home in Maine. they moved to PA for a year due to husband's business and are now back in New England.

this pup is now almost 4 yrs old.

he loves the cold and the snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for volunteers to transport pups to the U.S.-208222_1031407719794_1663421339_80267_6227_n.jpg  

Thanks Andrea,

I love seeing his pictures. He was just the cutest pup and so smart. I still say he was the smartest puppy.
    Can't believe it has been 4 years.

Kathy

Do the Pups that need transport already have homes lined up or do they need to be adopted? Do you have any pictures of the pups that need homes?
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Nineteen puppies do not have homes yet. They are going to foster families in the U.S. There are some pictures on our facebook page, but they are older pictures. I will see if we can post some newer pictures. (Not very good at it, but will attempt). Please go to our website, www.arf-aruba.com and click on the facebook page to see the pictures. I will try and get new ones on this afternoon.

Thanks for your interest in our Aruba Specials.

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast