Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Losing of belongings while in Aruba

I cannot be trusted with money, I have a poor track record of losing it. So typically I carry very small amounts of cash and Jon handles all of our transactions. Well I made a small purchase at a convenience store of simething random that I just had to have. I somehow put my wallet in the bag and then the bag in the trash. We got to our palapa and I went to put my wallet away and realized it was gone. We tracked it back to the trashcan and found it. Thank goodness! It had my license and credit card and some cash...could have been a hassle.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    oh no
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom lost $600 that he had in his pocket when we were in Vegas a few weeks ago He had reached into his pocket for a Kleenex and we figure he didn't notice those $100 bills floating out. I really believe had we been in Aruba someone would have returned it

Aruba since 1979
    my husband just reminded me of our dear son age 17..........thanksgiving week 2003 at the tamarijn.
    he was taking windsurfing lessons, and lost his contacts and sun glasses.
    he had a spare pair of contacts and we shelled out $40 for new sunglasses (big mistake)

2 days later....again, contacts and sunglasses GONE....floating off to panama to join the other lost items.
    we chose not to buy him new sunglasses.

a day or 2 later........his regular prescription glasses...........off floating to panama.

he then has the gaul to ask.........can u take me to the eye place so i can get new glasses and contacts?
    what i said to him is not able to be posted on this forum.

so, for the remainder of the vacation, he was visually impaired and paul and i did not give one rat's behind.

fast forward to 2015..........he is an almost 30 yr old nuclear engineer, wife, son, house, mortgage..........very responsible.
    go figure

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my husband just reminded me of our dear son age 17..........thanksgiving week 2003 at the tamarijn.
    he was taking windsurfing lessons, and lost his contacts and sun glasses.
    he had a spare pair of contacts and we shelled out $40 for new sunglasses (big mistake)

2 days later....again, contacts and sunglasses GONE....floating off to panama to join the other lost items.
    we chose not to buy him new sunglasses.

a day or 2 later........his regular prescription glasses...........off floating to panama.

he then has the gaul to ask.........can u take me to the eye place so i can get new glasses and contacts?
    what i said to him is not able to be posted on this forum.

so, for the remainder of the vacation, he was visually impaired and paul and i did not give one rat's behind.

fast forward to 2015..........he is an almost 30 yr old nuclear engineer, wife, son, house, mortgage..........very responsible.
    go figure
    17 old thinks their parents of made of $$$$$.

Aruba since 1979
    no kiddin!!
    now he is a miser.
    he is so tight with a buck.
    we tease him repeatedly and claim that he still has his first holy communion money.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    17 old thinks their parents of made of $$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no kiddin!!
    now he is a miser.
    he is so tight with a buck.
    we tease him repeatedly and claim that he still has his first holy communion money.

I think he got the message that year in Aruba.

My wife lost my favorite Masters Tournament hat while we were on a boat.... Some Panama kid has a great tan Masters hat now. Unfortunately, for me, I lost my wedding band somehow last October at the Surf Club. We had been on the beach earlier that day and in the ocean. I realized it later in the pool that my wedding band after 16 years had fallen off. I'd probably taken it off a total of 5 times in 16 years. We looked all over the pool and couldn't find it. We had only been in the main pool at the Surf Club that day so a bunch of people were looking for it with me. I guess it fell off while I was putting sunscreen on at the beach. Still havem't bought a new one yet. I'm thinking I'll look at the end of July when we are there for 15 days to replace it.

Have been very lucky, Dh lost a pair of glasses when he reached down to pick up a seashell and the waves out smarted him....whooosh, they were history !!
    But other than that we haven't lost anything...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Let's see if I can remember all the things that my family has lost in Aruba. Daughter lost the same purse three times. First two times it was returned the third time not so lucky. She was quite young so there was really nothing of value in the purse. She also lost a pair of eye glasses that were not even a week old. My son has lost nothing more than a towel. This is where the list gets long . . . my husband has lost two cameras - the first on day 13 of a two week trip - lots of photos lost. The second was leaving it under the seat in the airport terminal, a couple pair of snorkel fins, shirts, sandals, sunglasses, hats . . . the list goes on. I am definitely the keeper of all the documents while travelling. Oh well - I will still return to Aruba and bring him with me. He is the one who makes my drinks!

In all of our travels (Aruba and everywhere else) I don't recall ever losing anything (we are both very OCD when it comes to keeping track of money, our belongings, etc. LOL!)

Mike did lose his favorite cap one year while on the Tranquilo (wind took it right off his head. LOL!) But we did find something that someone else had lost.....we were walking between Amsterdam Manor and LaCabana to meet friends for happy hour and as we looked down at the curb to cross the street there were two $20 bills on the ground. We looked around for a possible owner but not a sole in sight on the street. Happy hour was cheap that afternoon.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-09-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast