Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Losing of belongings while in Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    Amy... I'm so glad you found my $40 bucks. I'll let you buy me a few rounds the next time we cross paths in Aruba!!!
    I had a feeling that money was yours!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I've lost only two things on Aruba, both on my first to the island. I lost my heart on Aruba as I fell head over heels in love with the island, it's gorgeous women, it's wonderful people, it's tasty food, laid back atmosphere, and did I mention it's gorgeous women? I also lost my mind/thoughts, because since then Aruba has been on my mind and in my thoughts every day.

Aruba since 1979

and vallond.....since you are a man of the caribbean (trinidad/tobago) i consider you an expert opinion

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    I've lost only two things on Aruba, both on my first to the island. I lost my heart on Aruba as I fell head over heels in love with the island, it's gorgeous women, it's wonderful people, it's tasty food, laid back atmosphere, and did I mention it's gorgeous women? I also lost my mind/thoughts, because since then Aruba has been on my mind and in my thoughts every day.

Funny story... last year we were on Renaissance Island relaxing all day got back to hotel that afternoon and my husband realized he didn't have his wedding ring. Is a bit loose so he assumed it fell off while we were floating. We went to a few jewelry stores to see if we could find a replacement but no one had a tungsten one so his finger was naked. No biggie it's not like it was diamond.

The next morning we got up early went back to the beach and he is out in the water with his snorkel mask looking for it, even had another visitor offer to help. Several hours later he stooped down for me to put sunscreen on his back and sees something shiny in the sand... GUESS WHAT... yep his ring. What are the odds? We were on one of the jetty's and there had been a wedding the night before all the sand had been raked... I guess it was a sign! Losing of belongings while in Aruba-img_9068.jpg

We have an 18 year old son; he has been pretty good about not losing things (knock on wood, every piece of wood). I'm the one that lost his favorite sunglasses many years ago when I was "holding" them for him. I put them on the top of my head and then leaned over the side of the boat we were on. The sunglasses have been at the bottom of the lake we were on ever since, and he reminds me of it often. These days it is a parents nightmare because kids have so many expensive gadgets to lose, phones, ipods, tablets, sunglasses. When I was young, I'd lose my wallet, but there was never money in it. We were poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my husband just reminded me of our dear son age 17..........thanksgiving week 2003 at the tamarijn.
    he was taking windsurfing lessons, and lost his contacts and sun glasses.
    he had a spare pair of contacts and we shelled out $40 for new sunglasses (big mistake)

2 days later....again, contacts and sunglasses GONE....floating off to panama to join the other lost items.
    we chose not to buy him new sunglasses.

a day or 2 later........his regular prescription glasses...........off floating to panama.

he then has the gaul to ask.........can u take me to the eye place so i can get new glasses and contacts?
    what i said to him is not able to be posted on this forum.

so, for the remainder of the vacation, he was visually impaired and paul and i did not give one rat's behind.

fast forward to 2015..........he is an almost 30 yr old nuclear engineer, wife, son, house, mortgage..........very responsible.
    go figure

One year my husband left ALL of his clothes in the dresser in Aruba! I was doing laundry the night before we left so I packed all his dirty clothes that I had just cleaned. Everything else that was still in the drawers he left there. We contacted La Cabana and they sent it all to us
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Haha
    i am shocked lacabana sent them back to you

They actually sent all his clothes plus some woman's clothing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Hhahahahaha

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    They actually sent all his clothes plus some woman's clothing!

Now, that's suspicious! Hahaha!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast