Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Lost Camera - Need Aruban Help!

Hello, friends. Two weeks ago, I found a camera washed ashore here in Key West, FL. Long story short, it went missing from Aruba on November 11, 2009 and floated all the way to Key West. I need Aruban help tracking down the owner. I can't post links yet because I do not have enough posts, but this story is post in full on scubaboard under basic scuba discussions cruisecritic under the Royal Caribbean forum.

I know wereldstage was involved and there are pictures of kids at a school called Schakel.

Identification information for a Camera Lost on the Island of Aruba while diving.

A truly amazing story. I can only imagine how cool it would be to reunite the camera owner with the photos. Thanks for posting Aquahound. Quite some detective work on your part.

I have emailed the link to 2 teachers I know on the island. Let's see what they can come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    I have emailed the link to 2 teachers I know on the island. Let's see what they can come up with!
    Thank you very much. One of the school pictures showed kids dressed up in costumes. The date was November 7, 2009. On the wall was a sheet of paper with words that translated to The Great Cookbook of Schakel.

I am still 3 posts away from being able to post links, so for now, anyone can search "Aquahound" on Webshots. I have an album in there labeled Lost Camera.

The divers were diving on a large anchor resting on the seabed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    A truly amazing story. I can only imagine how cool it would be to reunite the camera owner with the photos. Thanks for posting Aquahound. Quite some detective work on your part.
    Thank you, Lisa!

If you open the link Lisa posted, you can click on any of the pictures for the full album. Hopefully, someone will be recognized.

Thanks again, Lisa. You are being a fantastic help!

I just think it is terrfic that you have done all this detective work and am really hoping that it pays off and camera and owner can be reunited! It is just such a fascinating story.

Aruba since 1979
    i forwarded the links to the office of the aruba tourism authority.

maybe the owner will be found and won't he or she be surprised?!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Amazing story. I hope the owner is found.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast