Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Lost Wedding Band - Holiday Inn

Post Lost Wedding Band - Holiday Inn

My new bride and I spent a wonderful week honeymooning in Aruba last week! We split our time between the resort end of the island and Savaneta. Now that we're back in the states, I thought I'd make a last ditch impassioned plea for help finding my lost wedding band. I managed to lose it less than 48 hours after the wedding!

The ring was last on my finger at the Holiday Inn Resort. I'm not certain when it slipped off, and didn't notice it when it happened. My target search area is the beach near thatch umbrella #64 and the ocean in front of #64 - potentially as far as the edge of the swim zone. There's a buoy more or less in line with #64, which I swam toward chasing after a kid's raft that was blowing away. I didn't venture too far to the left or right of the buoy when I went swimming hard after the raft; probably no more than 20 feet to the left or right of the buoy in a straight line back to #64.

It's a big area . . . but like I said, this is a last ditch effort!

The men's band is white gold, beveled edges, brushed finish.

If anyone does some metal detecting and finds it, you'll forever be our hero, and I'll do my best to repay you for your effort and time.
    Last edited by Maloneysm; 06-08-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

I know it may sound like such a long shot, but my brother's wedding band was returned to him thanks to the amazing people of this forum. I wish you the best of luck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

sorry to read of the loss of your ring.

as jacki said, her brother's ring was found and returned as a result of this forum.
    i hope it happens again for yur sake.

there was a ring found on eagle beach a day or 2 ago.
    i saw it on one of the facebokk aruba group pages.

let me know if you were down on eagle beach near lacabana and i will try to find the posting of the "found ring"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maloneysm View Post
    My new bride and I spent a wonderful week honeymooning in Aruba last week! We split our time between the resort end of the island and Savaneta. Now that we're back in the states, I thought I'd make a last ditch impassioned plea for help finding my lost wedding band. I managed to lose it less than 48 hours after the wedding!

The ring was last on my finger at the Holiday Inn Resort. I'm not certain when it slipped off, and didn't notice it when it happened. My target search area is the beach near thatch umbrella #64 and the ocean in front of #64 - potentially as far as the edge of the swim zone. There's a buoy more or less in line with #64, which I swam toward chasing after a kid's raft that was blowing away. I didn't venture too far to the left or right of the buoy when I went swimming hard after the raft; probably no more than 20 feet to the left or right of the buoy in a straight line back to #64.

It's a big area . . . but like I said, this is a last ditch effort!

The men's band is white gold, beveled edges, brushed finish.

If anyone does some metal detecting and finds it, you'll forever be our hero, and I'll do my best to repay you for your effort and time.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Someone has posted on another forum that they found a wedding band at the natural pool. Did you go there? I think they found it before last week, but just letting you know, just in case.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Good luck I hope someone finds it for you. Congrats on your wedding and hope you had a wonderful time in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post

I know it may sound like such a long shot, but my brother's wedding band was returned to him thanks to the amazing people of this forum.
    I'm grateful a community like this exists to even post such things! Thanks for moderating!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

there was a ring found on eagle beach a day or 2 ago.
    i saw it on one of the facebokk aruba group pages.

let me know if you were down on eagle beach near lacabana and i will try to find the posting of the "found ring"
    We walked down that way at one point, I believe the day after I lost the ring, but if you can find it so I can verify, I'd appreciate it. I'd hate to think it was riding around in my bathing suit or a bag and we missed it and then it fell out there.

We never made it to the natural pools, so that one wouldn't be mine. Thanks for checking!

Here are pictures of a ring that was found on the beach at La Cabana: Lost Wedding Band - Holiday Inn-ring.jpgLost Wedding Band - Holiday Inn-ring1.jpg

Hope you find the ring, one time a guy lost his ring while playing beach volleyball. We all scoured the sand in the play area and found it. Group effort helps!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks jacki
    which FB group was that in?

E=Jacki;317689]Here are pictures of a ring that was found on the beach at La Cabana: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	5972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring1.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	5973[/QUOTE]

The La Cabana group

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks jacki
    which FB group was that in?

E=Jacki;317689]Here are pictures of a ring that was found on the beach at La Cabana: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	5972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring1.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	5973
    [/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast