Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Luggage

Bri

Luggage

I知 looking to purchase some new luggage and I知 curious as to your preferred luggage style. We all overpack...right?

I知 sure most of the community here checks bags since your stays are at least a week.
    Do you prefer a hard side case? Do you also bring a carry on or smaller bag with first day essentials?

I currently have a soft sided set but I知 going to get a hard set, as they are more durable and have a better capacity.

I posted a similar thread a couple of years ago as I was trying to decide whether or not to switch to hard sided luggage. I ended up making the switch and for the most part I am happy with my choice. The one thing I miss about the soft sided luggage is the outside pocket. When we would get to the airport I liked to stash our jackets in the outside pocket just before we checked our baggage. The hard sided luggage has been holding up well though and doesn’t get as dirty as the soft sided.

Bri
    Thanks Peg. I tried searching the forum for any similar postings but no luck with the mobile site.
    That痴 a good point about nor getting dirty. I hate when it looks dingy

Here is Pegs thread from a while back:

Luggage preference?

My daughter & I are still using the luggage sets from Kohl's I mentioned in the thread Walt linked to. They've held up well so far.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I always go with the lightest luggage I can find, hard or soft-doesn't matter. That way I can pack more lbs I found some at Target last year.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we usually travel for over 3 weeks, this year a month. we both take carry on soft luggage, use travel space bags. You can stuff alot in them as crdavies said. But, we do have a washer/dryer in our house we rent so I bring enough clothes for 7 days, mix & match. we have been to Aruba enough to know what we will wear and what we don't.

We do always bring a carry-on with a bathing suit & change of clothes...just in case! Except for Brianna, because of course she knows better....till her luggage was lost last year!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We bought Tumi's Dakota luggage 20 years ago and it has really lasted well. We've had no trouble with wheels or zippers. We're very satisfied with it!

Aruba since 1979
    We have rolling large duffles from Amazon that we check. . If we get 2 years out of them we feel fortunate. We always carry on a small pilot case with toiletries bathing suits and laptop/iPad etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast