Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: In the a.m.

In the a.m.

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to make a trip back to Aruba later this year, my first trip since 2006. What I'd like to ask is what is everyone's favorite thing to do in the morning while you're in Aruba? Doesn't matter what it is but I'm hoping for responses that aren't "relax" or "sleep" but places that you like to visit, eat at or whatever activity you enjoy.

Thank you.

Glenn

Aruba since 1979
    interesting question !
    my husband and i typically are out of our timeshare unit early (7:30 or so) and on the beach.
    on days where we are not on the beach early, i've been known to be on horseback up in the malmok area and hubby doing some fishing.
    other times...........we are still snoring

Quote Originally Posted by ghyska View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to make a trip back to Aruba later this year, my first trip since 2006. What I'd like to ask is what is everyone's favorite thing to do in the morning while you're in Aruba? Doesn't matter what it is but I'm hoping for responses that aren't "relax" or "sleep" but places that you like to visit, eat at or whatever activity you enjoy.

Thank you.

Glenn

I am a very early riser on vacation, especially in Aruba. I don't want to waste time sleeping, I want to spend as much time there as I can! My 11 year old DS is also up early, so we tip toe out of the timeshare and go "exploring". Walk somewhere for coffee for me and a mini breakfast for him and watch the island wake up It's great one on one time together!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I like to start the day with a big breakfast and the buffet at the Divi provides everything I need. It always starts out healthy with a bowl of cereal,or maybe some yogurt but then I give in to the pastries or the eggs and sausage. From there a stroll on the beach with a pause to watch the pelicans do their nose dives. I never tire of watching the pelicans.

We are early morning beach walkers. Love being out on Eagle Beach early when there is a hardly anyone around and it's quiet. We walk from Amsterdam Manor to the Divi and back. After that it's usually breakfast on our balcony with a couple of mimosas while we watch the island "wake up". Sometimes we will get our chairs and palapa after our walk, go up to the room and make mimosas to bring down to the beach. Again, we have the beach all to ourselves and enjoy the pelicans having their breakfast while having our morning drink. Best view on the island!

For a breakfast splurge/treat we will sometime head over to Linda's Pancakes.

On our "I need some exercise" mornings, we will do a slow jog along the road from Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix and back. Nice and quiet in the morning and we have found it's best to do early before it gets too hot.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-29-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Most days I wake up first and enjoy a cup of tea on my balcony while just taking in all the beauty of the ocean, golf course (we own at Divi Links), etc. Some days I will venture out and take a stroll on the beach. It's wonderful in the morning when it's quiet, peaceful and not too hot. If it's going to be a "pool day" I also go down and put our towels out to ensure we get an umbrella since we have a little one with very fair skin.

i stay on palm beach, walk to the fisherman huts for weight loss, stop for a nice cold beer, haha
    then swing by scotts brats at playa linda.
    maybe quick sandwich and beer, or simply greeting friends, great routine to start the day...

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I like most of the other replies am up early, early each morning and love to walk the beach. Not too many other walkers this early so it is very peaceful and beautiful. I love to take pictures of the daily sunrises can never have enough pictures Lots of mornings I watch the cruise ships come to town they sometimes seem as if they are walking by my side with me After my walk I go across the street (from Divi AI) to DD to get my ice coffee. I then come back and wait for my sleepy head husband to awake and bring me to breakfast. I then get the daily newspapers from the lobby and read them while relaxing on my beach chair. Each morning I thank my lucky stars that I am lucky enough to be in beautiful Aruba!

Lightbulb Like it in the morning!

This is a good thread, we try to get our "activities" in in the morning due to the heat. ATVs, horseback riding, segways and stand-up paddle boards were on our list last year and we will be doing them all again this year! Can't wait.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I play golf in the mornings on the days I play. We drive to Baby Beach in the morning when we go there. We go to the beach or pool at the resort most other mornings. They usually have water aerobics Linda likes to do in the morning.
    Last edited by arubabob; 01-30-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast