Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Question Mailing Items Home?

Hi all! Not sure if this is the correct board, but does anyone know if it's possible to mail/fedex something that we purchase on the island home? I know the last time we were there, we saw some local artwork that we loved, but didn't have any clue on how to get it home since it was too big for our luggage and was worried about it getting damaged anyway.

Can you have things packaged and delivered back home? Or do you think we could carry it on the plane along with our carry ons and personal items? We are flying first class, so would they maybe be more lenient?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Aruba since 1979
    yes fedexing is possible
    check with the fedex or dhl on island.

but 1st, check with your airline.
    they may have a special carton where you can place the artwork.
    i am guessing that maybe it'd be less expensive to bring it on the plane (either as checked or carry on or as cargo)
    usually 1st class passengers have a bit more carry on space (utilizing the closet in 1st class)

let us know how you make out.

what did you buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    Hi all! Not sure if this is the correct board, but does anyone know if it's possible to mail/fedex something that we purchase on the island home? I know the last time we were there, we saw some local artwork that we loved, but didn't have any clue on how to get it home since it was too big for our luggage and was worried about it getting damaged anyway.

Can you have things packaged and delivered back home? Or do you think we could carry it on the plane along with our carry ons and personal items? We are flying first class, so would they maybe be more lenient?

Anyone have any experience with this?

We have brought home numerous pieces of art and always carried them aboard as carry-ons. We planned ahead so one of us only had one personal item going down, no carry-on.

Some were rolled prints in tubes and one was framed with a pane of glass. The piece with the glass was wrapped heavily in brown paper by the gallery. It was too large for the overhead and the flight attendant was kind enough to stow it in the first class coat closet.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-29-2013 at 11:42 PM.

We aren't there yet. I'm just speculating what might happen when we get there! lol Last time we saw some large canvas paintings that we liked, but were just not sure how to get it home.

Thanks for the pointers. I will double check with our airline too.