Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

Main Street, committee to study and address issues

there were some postings recently about Main Street, the trolley, parking and auto traffic.

i read this today, http://www.noticiacla.com/news/11625

I hope they do something to help those shop owners. Last time I was there it was quite busy, but we had a heck of a time finding parking.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

So glad to see the new administration tackling problems like this one.

Strolling Main Street, shopping and even stopping at a little bar for drinks was always on our to do list. We were sad to walk down Main Street during our last visit. I think I mentioned that with sooo many people on the island, why were there no people in that area??

BTW, so much to read on the noticiacia website!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Strolling Main Street, shopping and even stopping at a little bar for drinks was always on our to do list. We were sad to walk down Main Street during our last visit. I think I mentioned that with sooo many people on the island, why were there no people in that area??

BTW, so much to read on the noticiacia website!!
    I felt the same way. There were no people walking on Main Street but in all fairness, alot of the shops were closed down. I hope they fix it so the shops bustle again and there are people like a few years ago. They have to get the word out again that sure, you can come, no one is towing your car. shop, have lunch, a few drinks and get it going again. I loved the diversity of downtown in the past but now its like a ghost town. I think this new administration is addressing the real concerns for their economic growth. Now if they can figure out how to get that downtown traffic to be not a nightmare, that would be great. And the irony of it is that its only that basic distance between that gas station at the beginning of downtown and a bit after the seaport. but that short distance adds on 45 minutes to your trip when it should be a 5 minute drive. You can walk it in 5 minutes but drive it in 45 minutes, lol. Fix that and that downtown will be booming again. But at least this new administration has their priorities right which can only be a good thing for Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    once the Watty Vos Boulevard is complete it will bring a significant decrease on the vehicle traffic downtown.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzlKfETLLfs

http://www.noticiacla.com/news/11691
    and the study has been tabled for 90 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I felt the same way. There were no people walking on Main Street but in all fairness, alot of the shops were closed down. I hope they fix it so the shops bustle again and there are people like a few years ago. They have to get the word out again that sure, you can come, no one is towing your car. shop, have lunch, a few drinks and get it going again. I loved the diversity of downtown in the past but now its like a ghost town. I think this new administration is addressing the real concerns for their economic growth. Now if they can figure out how to get that downtown traffic to be not a nightmare, that would be great. And the irony of it is that its only that basic distance between that gas station at the beginning of downtown and a bit after the seaport. but that short distance adds on 45 minutes to your trip when it should be a 5 minute drive. You can walk it in 5 minutes but drive it in 45 minutes, lol. Fix that and that downtown will be booming again. But at least this new administration has their priorities right which can only be a good thing for Aruba.