Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: Main Street construction ...the end is in sight!

Aruba since 1979

Main Street construction ...the end is in sight!

click the link for photos and news re: the main street construction

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Windows on Aruba, Paddock
    Great pictures, can't wait to see the new downtown in person, so exciting!

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    There are still a lot of dirt piles to be cleared and bricks to be laid. April. I used to work with an IT guy. When you asked when a project would be completed he'd say, you pick the month and I'll pick the year.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    We shall see. We'll be there March 30 - April 13th so I'll let you all know :-)

My back yard pool
    We were in town last nite (Tuesday, Jan 15th) and the area of Main St we were at was not even close to being ready. All kinds of digging and street closings, sidewalks not done, wood pallets for walk ways, just a mess. Even working around the clock will not get this ready for April of this year. . . . Just my observation. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Everywhere! Love to just drive around and explore.
    I agree with Tom and Stanley. Downtown is a nightmare. The traffic is jammed. (this is coming from someone who is familiar with traffic in NYC). Even driving the back roads to get from downtown to the low rise/high rise, the traffic is heavy. There is no parking in the streets behind the shopping center in town and I my opinion it is not going to get better any time soon. Just remember, you are on vacation, take it slow, and have no worries.