Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Margaret at Aruba Daily

Dear all.
    Just a little FYI/update.
    I am currently back at work! I had decided not to go back to work after the newspaper was declared bankrupt until mom were strong again. Unfortunately, mom left us on Dec. 4.
    I had three interesting conversations in one day a few days later and I decided to take on a new challenge. In this day and age, when available jobs are few I think that mom must have had her say in this from "way up there".
    I have joined the ARUBA DAILY team (sister newspaper to Diario, Aruba's largest Papiamento language newspaper).
    The Aruba Daily has a WHOLE NEW LOOK and an enthusiastic, dynamic team!
    I would love your suggestions and remarks, positive and negative by private message... or by email (I can give you if you Private Message me).
    Big hug,
    The happiest of holidays!
    Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by margaret wever View Post
    Dear all.
    Just a little FYI/update.
    I am currently back at work! I had decided not to go back to work after the newspaper was declared bankrupt until mom were strong again. Unfortunately, mom left us on Dec. 4.
    I had three interesting conversations in one day a few days later and I decided to take on a new challenge. In this day and age, when available jobs are few I think that mom must have had her say in this from "way up there".
    I have joined the ARUBA DAILY team (sister newspaper to Diario, Aruba's largest Papiamento language newspaper).
    The Aruba Daily has a WHOLE NEW LOOK and an enthusiastic, dynamic team!
    I would love your suggestions and remarks, positive and negative by private message... or by email (I can give you if you Private Message me).
    Big hug,
    The happiest of holidays!
    Margaret
    We have been reeding the Daily the last couple of days and really like the paper. Especially the business section.
    It also has a lot of "News".Not Arunan Fluff.
    Last edited by Eagle Beach Boy; 12-25-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    your mom is busy in heaven and obviously sending journalistic opportunities in your direction.
    cannot wait to see the NEW "daily"
    andrea

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Magaret, Best wishes on your "new job". We were able to view it while there. I was hoping you would resurface, and glad to hear you did. Nice paper, easy read, nice layout.
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Yes, your mom is looking down on the beautiful island and watching over you.

Congratulations Margaret. We too loved reading "the Daily" while we were on the island. Definitely no fluff. We do not turn on the TV while on the island, so your paper was a great way to keep up to date on current events.