Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Marijuana News

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    The laws are changing, you never know. Pot is everywhere in Amsterdam.
    To be fair, the Netherlands is very backwards when it comes to marijuana. Its "accepted" to sell, but it is illegal to produce. So the criminal market making it still exists.

Now when it comes to Aruba, that local company isn't even registered as an entity on the island, BUT as the recently passed elections have shown, there is a major % of the population who is pro legalization. It will most likely be medicinal only at first though.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Aruba government not in crisis after cannabis motion rejection

Posted on 04/25/2018 6:27 pm AST | Updated on 04/25/2018 6:27 pm AST

ORANJESTAD – The fact that a majority in parliament rejected a motion asking to speed up the process for legalization of medicinal cannabis Tuesday night, does not put the government in a bad spot or crisis mode. “ We don’t have a crisis. We are stronger than ever,” Aruba prime minister Evelyn Wever told NoticiaCla Wednesday morning in a press conference. In fact she said she assured political party RED leader Ricardo Croes later that night that the process for legalizing medicinal cannabis would be speeded up. “I gave him my word” Wever continued. Croes, the RED party leader and a cannabis user himself, asked for the motion, and it was his main campaign promise to his followers in 2017. A lack of support in parliament could have triggered a tense situation, political observers told this website. Croes holds the only RED seat in parliament and an eventual separation from the current coalition doesn’t constitute a crisis, as the coalition would still hold a slim majority of 11 seats.

https://www.noticiacla.com/news/12584

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12