Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Matthew..depression thru hurricane

  1. #101
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    The high water preventing to start repairs on Pelican Nest pier. Actually, high waves made more damage to the pier.
    Even prime minister came today to assess damage.
    Attachment 5443Attachment 5444Attachment 5445Attachment 5446
    Please see photos.
    So sad to see this, but thank you for sharing the pictures.

  2. #102
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,345
    Thanks for the updates and pictures.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  3. #103
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,372
    My heart is breaking for Aruba and the people. The pics posted of Pelican's Nest are hard to believe. It is shocking that all this damage was done thank god it was not a direct hit. Hope all the restaurants, shops, people's homes etc. will be able to return to normal in a reasonable amount of time. Feel bad for all the money that is being lost for all these places and people and fishermen. Hope all stay safe and have strength to do the amount of work to clean up and rebuild.

  4. #104
    Senior Member MAZOO-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Posts
    118
    Anybody know how Scot's Brats made out? Or Scott and Leslie?

  5. #105
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by MAZOO-2 View Post
    Anybody know how Scot's Brats made out? Or Scott and Leslie?
    Scott posted on Facebook that they made out okay but Eduardos took on some water.

  6. #106
    Member sunkissedbaby00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.
    Posts
    47
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the Donkey Sanctuary needs help (posted on FB):

    Donkey Sanctuary Aruba



    Due to Matthew the ships with donkey feed and hay didn't come to Aruba.
    To avoid a problem we are asking for Palm tree leaves for the donkeys. Please call 5932933 and make the volunteers & donks happy. Thank you very much!!!!!

    Punta Cana 6.08 - Riviera Maya 6.09 - Aruba 6.10 - Cozumel 6.11 - Aruba 4.12 - Bahamas 6.12 - Playa del Secreto 6.13 - Aruba 4.14 - Curacao 6.14 - Punta Cana 6.15 - Aruba 6.16

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedbaby00 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the Donkey Sanctuary needs help (posted on FB):

    Donkey Sanctuary Aruba



    Due to Matthew the ships with donkey feed and hay didn't come to Aruba.
    To avoid a problem we are asking for Palm tree leaves for the donkeys. Please call 5932933 and make the volunteers & donks happy. Thank you very much!!!!!
    We don't have palm leaves but is there anything else they can eat and can we pick it up here somewhere?

  8. #108
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2

    Great Weather all week, rough surf

    We were there all last week and the weather was beautiful. We had sun all week with just a slight overcast. The damage to the piers was pretty extensive, The one near our resort was a total loss and they began rebuilding the end of the week. in some spots there was around 3-4 feet deep of sea-weed on the beaches. They were hard at work every day cleaning up and did an amazing job, were were in the water again by Friday. I don't have any pictures of the worst of it. but here are two, one of the cleanup and one of the pier that was gone Wednesday morning when we woke up. Matthew..depression thru hurricane-wp_20161006_06_04_54_pro.jpgMatthew..depression thru hurricane-wp_20161007_09_42_42_pro.jpg

  9. #109
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    26,956
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum mattw

    which pier near you was the total loss?

    thank you for sharing the nice photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattw1029 View Post
    We were there all last week and the weather was beautiful. We had sun all week with just a slight overcast. The damage to the piers was pretty extensive, The one near our resort was a total loss and they began rebuilding the end of the week. in some spots there was around 3-4 feet deep of sea-weed on the beaches. They were hard at work every day cleaning up and did an amazing job, were were in the water again by Friday. I don't have any pictures of the worst of it. but here are two, one of the cleanup and one of the pier that was gone Wednesday morning when we woke up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161006_06_04_54_Pro.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	5457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161007_09_42_42_Pro.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	5458
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2

    Thank you

    Thank you for the welcome This was our second trip to Aruba and I plan to have many more.

    The pier was in front of the Occidental Grand Resort.
    I have added a couple more pictures just for your enjoyment that we took this past week. The last two pictures was on Friday night after they started rebuilding the pier in the pictures.
    Matthew..depression thru hurricane-wp_20161004_18_43_32_pro.jpgMatthew..depression thru hurricane-wp_20161004_18_45_20_pro.jpgMatthew..depression thru hurricane-wp_20161007_18_11_09_pro.jpgMatthew..depression thru hurricane-wp_20161007_18_32_34_panorama.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum mattw

    which pier near you was the total loss?

    thank you for sharing the nice photos
    Last edited by Mattw1029; 10-12-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO