Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

May vs. September

First post, but have been lurking for several years!!

My kid finally graduated and we no longer must base vacations around the school year......

We have always traveled to Aruba during May, June or August.... but this year will be the end of September thru the beginning of October.

Can anyone tell me what differences to expect.

I know the differences will be slight, but saw thru searching the forum.....

Wind a little more calm, resulting in generally warmer....
    Maybe and little rain during September......

Little help from those multi-month experienced travelers to Aruba!!

NO MORE KIDS AT HOME.... All right..... MOM & DAD in Aruba!!

We have not been in May, so can't compare. As we go in Jan. & Feb. and Sept & Oct. the water seems to be 2 or 3 degrees F. warmer in Sept. The island is not too crowded in Sept. either.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

September can be hot when the wind slows down due to systems passing to the north. May is usually excellente all the way around.

September is usually slower for tourists and you should find good deals at the hotels.

Other than that? Just another month to enjoy!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "Can anyone tell me what differences to expect. "
    ---- Do not think that much difference. September might have a little more rain(but not much). Think the big difference is air travel to get there. Remember September is PRIME hurricane time and while the storms usually do not come close to Aruba your air travel may have disruptions. The airports in P.R. and Fla. have been know to close. If you are flying direct from like Dulles, Phil, Boston, ... should be OK.

Thanks folks... this is what I was looking for. I know the differences are small, but curious. I appreciate the info about the airports... didn't think of that. Flying (JetBlue) PIT/JFK/AUA on trip down and (AA) AUA/MIA/PIT on the way back.

Like the thought that September is a little more quiet in general. Breeze a little lighter, although I hope it dosn't nearly quit!!

Thanks to all!!

We've been going to Aruba in late April/early May and Sept. almost every year.

Sept. is one of the driest months (very little rain if at all) and the tradewinds can sometimes die down a bit where you'll have some nice hot and steamy days (stay close to the water and close to a cold drink on those days!)

The water temp is definitely warmer than it is in early May. You can barely get me out of the water in Sept.

Island is also more quiet - no need for reservations for most things which is great!

As you can tell, Sept. is my favorite month in Aruba! We'll be back this Sept. for 17 days!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks Amy!! I was hoping for a reply like that. I like a more quiet time.... and I assume... less kids during that time since school will be in session.

After raising my kid, I'm ready for a little bit of Non-Kid realted vacations for the wife and I.