Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Care

Feel free to contact me when you are on the island if something happens.
    Would be happy to help out anyway I can!

Quote Originally Posted by plinstedt View Post
    We are supposed to travel to Aruba for 1 week on March 28. He was diagnosed with a clot from calf to groin 10 days ago. He is undergoing treatment and our doctor has said that all is well for us to travel. I am wondering what kind of medical treatment is available to him if it becomes necessary. We are hoping for a quiet, relaxing week but I would like to have a plan in place if necessary. Thanks!
    Can say from experience that everyone is professional and the care is excellent. Got cut on foot and had to go to ER for tx....cheap and good. I was amazed when I got to the window and I think the bill was like 50 bucks!!!
    Also girlfriend crashed a quad a few years ago and spent the whole week in the hospital there....great care...food not so much, but we were allowed to bring her meals......and the bill for all week was only 1200 dollars total !!!
    So long story short have no fear your husband will be in good hands....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    did u give your friend quad lessons?
    sorry i could not resist.
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Can say from experience that everyone is professional and the care is excellent. Got cut on foot and had to go to ER for tx....cheap and good. I was amazed when I got to the window and I think the bill was like 50 bucks!!!
    Also girlfriend crashed a quad a few years ago and spent the whole week in the hospital there....great care...food not so much, but we were allowed to bring her meals......and the bill for all week was only 1200 dollars total !!!
    So long story short have no fear your husband will be in good hands....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    did u give your friend quad lessons?
    sorry i could not resist.
    andrea
    HaHa...very funny....actually she wrecked before me, so I guess she gave me lessons !!!!! Maybe I should ask for my money back !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Made a quick trip to the ER for possible strep throat. Couldn't believe how great it was. In and out in 1 and 1/2 hours (would have taken at least 5 hours here at home). Total bill was $85.00 plus $40 for prescription. Doctor and the rest of the staff were wonderful. Taxi driver that took us to the pharmacy was super nice. All in all, a great experience - and I can't say that has EVER happened here in the States!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12