Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Medical care and health insurance for travelers to Aruba?

Will Medicare reimburse outside the U.S.? I am thinking probably not? So seniors would want to make the investment in travel insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    A few years ago I had food poisoning and went to the Aruba Hospital. The bill for the hospital visit (I was there a couple of hours) was about $137. My RX that I got filled was $12. Yes, you must pay upfront - I took my CC with me to the hospital. I got receipts for everything along with a copy of the Doctor's notes which were in Dutch. Every insurance is different so you need to check with yours and read the fine print but I was able to submit the paperwork (without translation) to my insurance company and was reimbursed in full within a couple of months.

Is that were one always goes in Aruba, to the hospital, even for non emergencies? You would think the hospital or emergency room would charge more. However what you paid was MUCH less than it would have been the states. Are there doctors offices one can go to?

Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    Are there doctors offices one can go to?
    We just walked into the ENT's office - Dr Cabenda - right across from the hospital parking lot there are quite a few doctor's offices
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Is that were one always goes in Aruba, to the hospital, even for non emergencies? You would think the hospital or emergency room would charge more. However what you paid was MUCH less than it would have been the states. Are there doctors offices one can go to?
    I went to the hospital because it was 3am - I had been violently ill since 11pm and was not getting any better.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    yes there are doctor's offices.
    the hotel concierge can direct a sick person to a physician.
    the pharmacy also makes recommendations.
    as amy says, in off hours, the ER is the choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12