Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Medical Coverage

Is there any problem receiving medical coverage if needed? We have HMO Blue, and were wondering if it is accepted, do we need to notify our primary care provider if needed?

Thanks!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We had a "ear issue" one year when we traveled. We visited a dr arranged by the hotel, and paid cash for the visit. When returning home we sent them the receipt and had the coverage paid. I don't know if BCBS is covered when traveling out of the country. I would call in advance if I were you.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "I don't know if BCBS is covered when traveling out of the country."
    ------ Get good receipts and BCBS will pay you the normal coverage payment when back in the States. Was on a Cruise Ship and for a doctor's visit and medication think coverage paid was just as good as what was covered if in the States.

Our experience has been that we pay for services rendered and turn the bills in to our insurance carrier when we get home and receive payment within a short amount of time. They do not take insurance cards from other countries on the island, but we have always gotten our money back and make sure the bills are in dollars not local money.

Thumbs up ER Visits

I needed to visit the ER while in Aruba for an injury I had the day before we left on our trip (nothing was keeping me from going!). It was great. We paid no more than $200 for the visit - very nice female dutch dr, xrays of my knee, bandage and two scripts. I was in and out of the ER in 1 1/2 hours! Beats ANYTHING I have experienced in the US.

Thumbs up Hmo

I forgot to mention - you pay cash in Aruba no insurance. Good luck getting your HMO to cover althoughtthey may consider it. It is my experience HMO's don't cover you out of your state of residence. I have a PPO and they said they my coverage was good. I plan to submit now that I have returned.

In addition to cash, the hospital on the island also takes all major credit cards.