Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Medicare/Aruba....Health Insurance coverage in Aruba

Interesting & worth looking into. Thanks Arubachuck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Going to look into this. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A few years ago, forum member Aruba Amy had a bad case of stomach bug or food poisoning.
    Her reimbursement, as I remember was swift and easy.
    I had a killer ear infection once in Aruba, paid upfront at the hospital and the reimbursement came pretty easily once i submitted everything when i got home.

It is important (i have been told) to get receipts in English. (or whichever language your insurance company understands )
    It was food poisoning (had it once before in the U.S. so I knew exactly what it was.) Everyone has different insurance so this may differ from others. But I paid via credit card at the Aruba hospital and asked for a copy of all of my medical records/info along with receipts. The medical info was in Dutch but my insurance company translated it. I submitted all of the paperwork and receipts to my insurance company and was reimbursed in full in about a month or so. No questions asked. I had called my insurance company years before regarding out of the country medical and knew I was covered and also knew I had to pay up front and submit info for reimbursement. It was the first time I ever had to use this out of the country and was happy to know it worked as they said it would.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

I had to take my wife to the hospital in Aruba in May. I always purchase travel insurance through CSA. They reimbursed us within a week and have honored previous trip cancellations promptly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123