Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Medicare/Aruba....Health Insurance coverage in Aruba

Interesting & worth looking into. Thanks Arubachuck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Going to look into this. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A few years ago, forum member Aruba Amy had a bad case of stomach bug or food poisoning.
    Her reimbursement, as I remember was swift and easy.
    I had a killer ear infection once in Aruba, paid upfront at the hospital and the reimbursement came pretty easily once i submitted everything when i got home.

It is important (i have been told) to get receipts in English. (or whichever language your insurance company understands )
    It was food poisoning (had it once before in the U.S. so I knew exactly what it was.) Everyone has different insurance so this may differ from others. But I paid via credit card at the Aruba hospital and asked for a copy of all of my medical records/info along with receipts. The medical info was in Dutch but my insurance company translated it. I submitted all of the paperwork and receipts to my insurance company and was reimbursed in full in about a month or so. No questions asked. I had called my insurance company years before regarding out of the country medical and knew I was covered and also knew I had to pay up front and submit info for reimbursement. It was the first time I ever had to use this out of the country and was happy to know it worked as they said it would.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Barcelona, Mallorca, Andorra: Nov. 2016
    Seattle: Dec. 2016
    Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017

I had to take my wife to the hospital in Aruba in May. I always purchase travel insurance through CSA. They reimbursed us within a week and have honored previous trip cancellations promptly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123