Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Traceyd14
  • 3 Post By rob o

Thread: Memory to last a lifetime

Memory to last a lifetime

I just returned from my cousin's funeral and while it was a sad occasion, his wife and I shared a special memory. My cousin had been battling cancer but was doing well. Last week he suffered a fatal stroke. I didn't know this before because they live a few states away and aren't in touch on a regular basis, but it turns out the first week of June, him and his wife took their last vacation together to Aruba. His wife and I sat and talked for a while after the memorial service about how amazing their vacation was and all the places they saw and things they enjoyed together. I was happy to share that memory with her. It just reminds me how fragile life can be and how precious memories can be. I am so happy that they got to spend their last vacation together in such an amazing place as Aruba.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Nice post.....Traceyd14, it reinforces why we go every year, regardless of our finances, with our daughters. Can't take it with us, enjoying our daughters' inheritances (with them) in advance!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    My huband & I take our granddaugthers to Aruba every year ...the 6year old remembers things we've done and will talk about them throughout the year ...the 4 year old doesn't remember that much yet but she does remember the bingo song at the Tam and will start singing it at any given time ...which makes everyone laugh...they count down til our next trip to Aruba...we make a special post it calander so they can peel the days off as we go.....working hard all year long to be able to take them another year......to leave this world knowing we gave them memories they will never forget.....family togetherness,beautiful beaches & the caring people of Aruba

Last year while we were at the AM a family was there with the ashes of a husband, father, and friend. Every day on the beach they would have a toast to him. Near the end of their stay they all waded out into the water and spread his ashes on the water.

We had met the couple in years past and the both enjoyed Aruba very much.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Nice post.....Traceyd14, it reinforces why we go every year, regardless of our finances, with our daughters. Can't take it with us, enjoying our daughters' inheritances (with them) in advance!
    I agree with your post We have been enjoying Aruba the last 12 years with our daughters and now this year we've added a son in law!
    The memories are priceless!