Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Merengue Song Played at Riu

Hi folks, ok a real long shot here but I know if anyone know's the answer it will be someone on this forum. Every day at the Riu Palace, usually during the morning water aerobics they play a song by a Domincan Merengue artist...awesome song and very upbeat. Anyone by chance know the song title/artist name? (they play it everyday so if anyone walks by regularly you'll know the song) Would love to download and blast in my car so I can day dream while driving through the snow
    thanks!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Is it possibly this song?

Tu Amor Me Hace Bien - Marc Anthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJwxZkP0_s

Hi CK1, no unfortunately that is not the one but I like this one so thanks The only thing I know about the song is that its done by a Domincan Artist. Maybe I'll just have to hop on a plane to go ask in person?? LOL
    thanks for replying..have a great day!

Aruba since 1979
    how about emailing the RIU fitness ctr?

Quote Originally Posted by DiviRob39 View Post
    Hi CK1, no unfortunately that is not the one but I like this one so thanks The only thing I know about the song is that its done by a Domincan Artist. Maybe I'll just have to hop on a plane to go ask in person?? LOL

Hi Andrea J., that's a great idea. I'll post the song here if I find out.
    cheers!

CK1
    Hi DiviRob39,
    You are most welcome. Glad you liked the one I posted but I surely understand how it is to find your favorite one.

Last year I discovered a new story at our local mall, they have each kind of exotic things for sale (which I absolutely love). Among those things were some CDs with Salsa, Merengue, Mambo and so on. And one CD with French Caribbean music, benefiting Haiti. I bought several of those CDs and brought them along to Aruba as a present for my friends. I was not sure if I was "carrying the water to the river" LOL ~ but they enjoyed the CDs and played them while I was there.

I also loved watching the dancers at the Tropical Cafe at the Seaport Marketplace in downtown. They have the rhythm in their blood!

Hope you will find your favorite song. I'll keep checking this thread for it.

Hi CK1..is that an Akita you have as your profile pic? Beautiful dog!! So far no answer from the Riu so I may just have to wait until the spring for my next trip down. I will certainly post if I ever find it:-)

CK1
    Hi CK1..is that an Akita you have as your profile pic? Beautiful dog!! So far no answer from the Riu so I may just have to wait until the spring for my next trip down. I will certainly post if I ever find it:-)
    Hi DiviRob39!
    Thanks for your kind words, Yes, that's an Akita. We just pulled him out from a local kill shelter two and half weeks ago. Got him neutered, vetted and are trying to find him his forever home. We do rescue since twelve years.

Ok, now to get back on topic. I got some more songs for you to check out. Hopefully, this time it's a winner!

Eddy Herrera - Remember (YouTube Video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWYpcyZCC8

Eddy Jose Herrera de los Rios, also known as Eddy Herrera, is a merengue singer and winner of more than seven Casandra Awards. Born on 30 April 1964 in the Dominican Republic, in the city of Santiago de Los Caballeros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Herrera

And:
    MALA FE "LA VACA" (YouTube Video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H9y_qDty-Y

Javier Gutiérrez, better known as Mala Fe, was born in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. In love with music from a young age, Gutiérrez began his daily practice routine of congas and voice at the age of eight. He worked faithfully on his craft, dreaming of the day when he might join his brother's band, La Tropa, a group that specialized in perico ripiao, the folkloric precursor to modern-day merengue. Gutiérrez soon joined up as one of the group's percussionists, who were known for their complex rhythmic breaks.

that's so nice! I've had dobermans for a long time now but always had them as pups...my friend recently adopted an 8yr rescue so I think I'd do that next time and let a dog who really needs it live out the rest of his days in comfort. I love that song "remember" but these are still not the songs. I have XM satellite so I always listen to the latin channel hoping I'll hear it. If you're into latin music, more specifically Reggaeton (my favourite) check out these new songs by Don Omar: Danza Kuduro, Taboo, Hasta Abajo...I blast that in the car and daydream I've driving in Aruba:-)

thanks again for trying.

CK1
    Oh man! Now I feel like in one of those shows where people call in and guess the name of a song where just a tiny portion of the song was played ~ "Good guess, but it was not the one! Keep trying." LOL I called RIU in Aruba.

Thanks for the names of those artists. I'll check them out. I love latin music. This evening I watched "The Ugly Truth" and there was a very cool song, great rhythm:

el gitano del amor - latin soul syndicate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFUjUWZWUc

It's wonderful that you consider to rescue a dog. There are so many very deserving dogs and cats in shelters looking for homes. Right now, we have ten large dogs, that's all we can handle. Except of one (our first one) they came all from shelters or were owner-give-ups or strays.

If you need a good laugh, here is a very funny video of Kuma, the Akita we just recently took out of the shelter. The video was taken the next day when everything was still new to him but he was already affectionate and gave kisses. The funniest part is at the end of the video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5GvAENEgY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast