Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Message to all from Prime Minister Michael Eman

Aruba since 1979

Message to all from Prime Minister Michael Eman

https://www.facebook.com/mike.eman/?fref=nf
    click above ink
    see the video
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I am speechless.....I have been wondering how bad Divi/Tam are, this video tells the story. Amazing video and message. I just cannot get over how much damage has been done. I wonder if this is the worst storm Aruba has delt with? I know I have only been to aruba the past 14 years, just wondering if anything similar to this has occurred and how long it took to recover?

That's quite the video! I had also wondered about the Divi and how high the water was. Hopefully, Aruba won't experience more storms like this.

Wow. I have no words
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I am in awe how much these videos and other images I have seen in no way resemble the beaches I was walking just 3 short weeks ago. So appreciative of all the hard work that is going in to cleaning up the mess and destruction. Wish I could return to help in the cleanup efforts.

The first time I went to Aruba in November of 2007, the water was almost up to the bar on the beach at the Divi. There had been a major storm just before we arrived. I don't know if it was a hurricane or just a bad storm. In any event, we had to cut our trip short due to a family emergency. Thankfully we had trip insurance and went back in March of 2008. The beach was back to normal. It was amazing to me that in that short of time how Mother Nature had worked her magic! This is horrible to see. I hope the people of Aruba recover quickly from this horrible storm. Thoughts are with the people of Haiti and the other islands who were hit worse...and now Florida. Praying that Matthew takes a sharp right today. Hoping to go back in October 2017 - let's hope this is the last storm for awhile!

Wow... words cannot express...

damages from dtorms

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I am speechless.....I have been wondering how bad Divi/Tam are, this video tells the story. Amazing video and message. I just cannot get over how much damage has been done. I wonder if this is the worst storm Aruba has delt with? I know I have only been to aruba the past 14 years, just wondering if anything similar to this has occurred and how long it took to recover?
    I believe, that Hurricane Ivan was the one of the most damaging in a past 20 years , or so....even THE Natural Bridge has collapsed later on( if I am not mistaken).

The Natural Bridge collapsed in September of 2005. I think Ivan was before that.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The Natural Bridge collapsed in September of 2005. I think Ivan was before that.
    Ivan was indeed in 2004. A lot of neighborhoods received extreme flooding. Which is why they installed drainage systems and it held up really well this time. The beaches however did not take so much damage. A lot of people did speculate that Ivan could've weakened the bridge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast