Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Message to all from Prime Minister Michael Eman

Today some one posted at the owners meeting at ABC they said 47 lost palapas and there is talk between the resort and government about bringing in sand but no decisions have been made or timeline in place. 47 seems like a lot.

Aruba since 1979
    47 is a LOT.
    My guess that is well more than half of what is out there for CDM and ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Today some one posted at the owners meeting at ABC they said 47 lost palapas and there is talk between the resort and government about bringing in sand but no decisions have been made or timeline in place. 47 seems like a lot.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Take a look at Divi's Facebook page. There are a few videos that have been posted in just the last few days by people who I assume are staying there now. The beach is narrow but looks good. We've stayed at the Divi many times and from our experience I can say the beach is constantly changing.
    So very true....we have been going to Aruba for 20+ years and I am constantly amazed how the beach can change from 6mo. to one year...I haven't seen the Druif beach look as bad as it did in November ever before though...I have seen Tam beach come and go over the years, one year there and the next not...I am hoping that when we go in November this year the Druif beach is at least partially back to normal (a friend from the island sent me pix and it seems to be a little better)....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    47 is a LOT.
    My guess that is well more than half of what is out there for CDM and ABC.
    I will be following and hoping for the best. Our plan this trip was to sit on the beach in the shade and relax at our hotel. I'm nervous, and making a list of options. We've already paid in full for our rental so we are somewhat committed to ABC.

Hurricanes rarely, but actually do make solid contact on ABC islands, just not in the last 100 years. Could have been much worse and am thankful is wasn't. Mother Nature runs the show whether we think humans play a role or not (doubt it)

Wanted to come back to give an update on the Casa Del Mar Aruba Beach Club area. The owners and guests received a letter yesterday telling them there would be work done over the next week. They have small equipment like bobcats on the premises and have started bringing in sand. They are going to reorganize the rocks that are there to help with erosion. I'm feeling a lot better about now. I'm really surprised how fast they moved on this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123