Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Microgrid ...Aruba Solar and Wind

Aruba since 1979

Microgrid ...Aruba Solar and Wind

Hi Andrea, Way to deep for me on a Friday afternoon after working 9 hours but this sounds very interesting I will have to wait until Monday to read it in full. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Very interesting and a cool idea. The video has a lot of nice scenes.

Interesting article. We have solar panels on our roof at home. What most people don't understand is that when we are producing more than we are using at a given time, such as a bright, sunny day when the air conditioning isn't on and we're not running a ton of appliance, the electric we produce goes back onto the grid and when we need electricity, it come in from the grid. Our system was supposed to be about 50% of our usage, but with one kid out of the house and newer appliances, and air conditioners, etc. it is more like 75+% of our usage depending on the weather. We always thought Aruba would be a great place for solar panels and wind turbines.

Another thing most people do not understand, is that technology has not kept pace with technology, meaning, they have not been able to find a reliable, efficient way to store, i.e. batteries, the electricity that is produced by solar and wind, although Tesla is making gains in this area. I think that being able to store the energy from these renewable sources will greatly improve peoples opinions/acceptance on using renewable energy.