Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MIFI - MIO Wireless - how much?

MIFI - MIO Wireless - how much?

Hello,
    Has anyone recently purchased the MIFI from MIOWireless by the superfoods. I need to know how much the total cost is. I need it only for 7 days.
    I contacted them but it is unclear how much it cost in US$.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    $60 (last I inquired)

$30 for the device
    $30 for 4g for a month
    more g can be purchased for more $.

Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    Hello,
    Has anyone recently purchased the MIFI from MIOWireless by the superfoods. I need to know how much the total cost is. I need it only for 7 days.
    I contacted them but it is unclear how much it cost in US$.

Thanks

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Andrea is correct that they device is approx. $30. This year the plan was closer to $40 for 4gbs. I buy 4GB as I don't do any streaming of movies; Just online surfing, checking e-mail.

Aruba since 1979
    thx liz!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Andrea is correct that they device is approx. $30. This year the plan was closer to $40 for 4gbs. I buy 4GB as I don't do any streaming of movies; Just online surfing, checking e-mail.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    can I ask, what is that? Is that similar to buying a wifi card?

Its similar to one of these...

It takes a local sim card and acts as a Wi Fi hotspot for you to connect multiple devices to the internet using the local mobile/Cell network. The $40 covers 4GB of data and expires after a month. You can keep the device and use it year after year buying topups or additional sims. Internet will depend upon local mobile/Cell reception. Many mobile phones now also have the facility to create a Wifi hotspot so the option of buying a local cell phone sim from MIO which also has a data allowance is another option. This is only possible if your mobile/Cell phone has been 'unlocked' from your home network provider..

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    does it work for tablets (ipad, android, etc) or just mobile phones

Will work with anything that connects to a wifi signal. Once turned on the Mifi device will appear as an available wifi signal to all wifi enabled electronic devices, Laptops, tablets, printers, mobile/cell phones etc. Its small enough to carry around with you in your pocket and will provide the wifi connectivity as long as their is cell coverage AND you have enough data left !!

Aruba since 1979
    Mio Internet
    click above link for more MIO chatter

as liz mention it is good for surfing the internet and checking email.
    it is your own personal hotspot

as some have found out the hard way, and liz mentioned about streaming..........it uses too much gb when gaming or streaming videos.

it is a very very good device with good results and it is priced reasonably.

and if you are wondering how much gb you'll use.......i have an ipad mini on my verizon plan.
    i use it daily. sometimes on wifi, sometimes on verizon gb. in the 9 months that i have had the device and the plan i have never gone above 0.7 gb in any billing period. with my my iphone on the verizon plan i have not gone above 0.5 gb in any billing period since i have had the iphone and that is almost 3 yrs now.

last year I purchased a setar card. we stay at the gold coast. it barely worked. but as it turned out, our owner had wifi and it wasn't password protected so we were able to hook on to it. for some reason he told me I needed to get a wifi card. maybe he is as uninformed about this stuff as we are. so this year I do not intend to buy a setar wifi card and hope for the best. but in case he doesn't have it anymore, then I can run to that store by superfoods, get that device and still use my tablet. as I understand it, I can use it again next year.

the last question I have, please be patient with me, is if where I stay they use setar as their internet but I use this mio or whatever it is just for my tablet, will it still work? I'm sorry if it sounds like I ask dumb questions but I truly truly am clueless when it comes to this stuff, lol.....don't worry, you will not insult me if you explain it to me like I am four years old, lol...I usually start all conversations with the tech people at Comcast when I call for help with that line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast