Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mio Internet

Aruba since 1979
    Hi, this MIO sounds great. I just need to understand it better, can someone help.

Here are my questions:
    1) Is the "device" something like a wireless router which will allow me to have my own wireless network at La Cabana. Therefore allowing me to access the internet via my Ipad or Iphone? YES it is a personal hot spot device

2) Is the cost $30 a month plus $30 to buy the device?yes approx that amount there is the fee for the device, the activation and the amount of data bought. less than $70 for a month is the amount that i heave heard mentioned

3) Can the device can be taken home and brought back to be used on future trips?
    yes

4) Where can I buy this? there is a cell phone store across from the "tropicana" where mini golf and black hog once stood. Superfood is the main tenant at that new shopping center, but there are also a few small stores. The Mio place is in the cell phone store at that shopping center.
    Mio also can be bought at the MIO store downtown. it is diagonally across the street from the big xerox place on a main street downtown, south of ElGaucho near Caribe Bank building.

Thanks for all the info Andrea!

The device is the size of a credit card. You can connect up to 5 devices to it. I had my iPhone,iPad and my husband had his iphone connected too. You can buy one at the Celluar store located at the new super foods store, it's right outside the store. You pay a one time activation fee and it's yours to keep, and then you buy a data plan that's good for 30 days, they have 3 different data plans I bought the cheapest one and I used it for 3 weeks , no problem for emails ,Facebook and googling aruba menus!! You can carry the device with you and it's your own personal wifi hot spot ! And the next time down to Aruba, I just go back to the store and buy another data plan . Between the one time fee for device and data plan was about $ 70 . Well worth it !!

This is definitely something I want for my trip coming up....do they sell them at the airport by any chance? Or maybe near the Playa Linda? How is the signal in the room? On the beach?

Aruba since 1979
    apparently the signal is quite good as long as you are within 15-20 feet of the device.

as of now they are not sold at the airport.

see post #11 as to where you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    This is definitely something I want for my trip coming up....do they sell them at the airport by any chance? Or maybe near the Playa Linda? How is the signal in the room? On the beach?

Apple’s iOS7 for iPhones & iPads has a new feature that allows free voice phone calls via Wi-Fi and unlimited data plans. The feature is called "FaceTime Audio" and works when both parties have an iPhone or iPad. Face Time Audio calls are free internationally over Wi-Fi and unlimited data plans, and the call quality far exceeds a traditional cell phone. FaceTime audio should not be used if you have a restricted data plan.

How do I use FaceTime Audio?

When you open your contact list you will see the audio and video buttons near to FaceTime feature. (shown below, circled in red)

Using the FaceTime App you can select your iOS contact and then make your call. (Note: you will still need to make normal calls to your non-Apple contacts).

You are free to call unlimited calls using this feature to anywhere in the world. If you are calling to a number that is not supporting FaceTime or not using iOS device, don’t worry, you will end up with an understandable error message that the phone number is not an iOS number or not supporting FaceTime Call.
    Last edited by tofare; 11-21-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: formating

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    oh yea they are cool check there website and MIO to MIO are free yes freee in aruba Lol
    http://www.mioaruba.com/
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12