Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mio Locations

Aruba since 1979
    yes
    i know the gas station
    it is (or was) a texaco
    it is at the rotary (set back a little) from the decaying waterpark.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    last time we were there, if you went down the side street of the SuperFoods, turned left & then right, went down the street there's a gas station on left. Its located in there. The woman at digicell says its a texaco but i didn't see any sign for texaco, just a gas station but the gas station does have a sign for MIO. Actually if you turn left before the roundabout just before SuperFoods and made a left, it would be there on the corner. But i was going from the Super Foods.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    The directions that Andrea gave for the main downtown MIO store is right on. If you don't have a vehicle, doesn't the tram (which I haven't taken) go on Caya G.F. Betico Croes (Mainstreet). Take a right which I think is the end of the tram run. MIO should be there on the corner. If you have a vehicle taking Andrea's directions look for the Xerox store on the right. MIO is across on the left but a little set back as the parking is in front.

The first MIO store was in another area which I went to in April 2012. I won't forgot going to that MIO store as I fell trying to find the place and spent the afternoon in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes
    i know the gas station
    it is (or was) a texaco
    it is at the rotary (set back a little) from the decaying waterpark.
    That's where I thought which is behind Tropicana.When I would go there was a Texaco sign. Unless that changed as now I go to Valero at the beginning of downtown on my way to the airport.

Aruba since 1979
    oh YES liz. i remember about that fall
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    The directions that Andrea gave for the main downtown MIO store is right on. If you don't have a vehicle, doesn't the tram (which I haven't taken) go on Caya G.F. Betico Croes (Mainstreet). Take a right which I think is the end of the tram run. MIO should be there on the corner. If you have a vehicle taking Andrea's directions look for the Xerox store on the right. MIO is across on the left but a little set back as the parking is in front.

The first MIO store was in another area which I went to in April 2012. I won't forgot going to that MIO store as I fell trying to find the place and spent the afternoon in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh YES liz. i remember about that fall
    Andrea I thought you would remember. Off topic but my Aruba Story. I was told by someone that worked at my timeshare I could get MIO at Digicel downtown across from the downtown Cinema near Café Chaos. So I drove downtown and had breakfast at the Dutch Pancake House. I left my car in the Ren Ocean Suites and walked across to Digicel. Stood on line for almost a hour to be told that they didn't know anything about MIO. Walked outside with my I-Pad and very heavy laptop clutched to my chest in a Ling's shopping bag. I didn't see a ramp and fell. Two locals ran over to me to pick me up. Instead of getting my car and going back to the Trop, stupid me got a taxi to go to MIO where I stood on line over 1 1/2 hours. As for Horacio E. Oduber Hospital I guess they were ok. though I spent hours there needlessly.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    yes, Andrea, they call it still the Texaco station, lol. That's how the woman described it and also if you go to Mio website, they still say the Texaco station though I don't believe there is a sign any more. Using Andrea's directions, my husband found the one downtown. It turns out when we come from the airport, that is basically our new "shortcut" to our townhomes when downtown is packed with cars so it actually works out great. And thanks Liz, I love landmarks. Xerox on right, Mio on left. This year we get in Aruba two hours earlier so I'd like to go from airport, to mio, to superfoods, to townhome, to beach...................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12